Chapter 8

*tobias pov*

I wake up in a hospital bed, with about five people looking over at me. About three nurses are standing there with clip boards in hands, and pens uncapped. One pair of eyes light up, and then so do the others. The doctors turn away, and start scribbling away furiously.

A peppy blonde girl about 19 leans over on my bed, and kisses me happily. "Four," she exclaims,"I'm so happy your awake."

I push her away from me. "Who is four and who do you think you are kissing me?" I look over at her dauntless outfit,"And what would a dauntless want to do with me anyway?"

"Tobias what do you mean?" Another dauntless, about 21 looks at me,"This is tris, your girl friend,"

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU AMD WHY ARE YOU IN HERE?! I HAVE MY CHOOSING CEREMONY TO GET TO!!" I start screaming.

"Tobias..." The girl starts but the nurses cut her off

"Tris, Zeke, come with me. Leave four-uh-Tobias alone in the room please." Why do they keep calling me four? I have to go to the choosing ceremony. And get away from my father, join their faction....

I hear murmurs from the hallway and I get up off the bed, muttering a bit from the small pain in my leg.

I find a mirror in the room, and I look at myself, i look about 21. I have a small mustache and beard and it looks like I haven't shaven in weeks. I am in dauntless black, and I'm in a dauntless hospital. What the heck....

I hear a couple phrases from outside such as,'memory loss' and 'leave him alone' and then I figure it out. I must have lost my memory some how. I wonder what I forgot. Obviously that Bris girl or whatever. And that guy, Zack? I don't think they were that important, were they?

I walk out of the room, and I take a knife in my hand, in case someone wants to stop me.

"Tobias!" I hear Bris shout and I whip around.

"What do you want Bris?!?!" I almost shout at the end

"You really forgot." I walk right up to her and let my inside hell break loose.