Chapter 30: The Phoenix King Valley's Arrival

In the next instant, everyone looked outside and witnessed the arrival of one of the Three Great Immortal Sects.

They were finally here. In her heart, Bai Luochu felt as though all her suffering was worth it. She was finally able to see those old acquaintances she had been expecting.

Once the report ended, a party strode over under everyone's nose.

The old man leading the party might be old but he was energetic, hale, and hearty; both his eyes were gleaming and the shrewd look in them couldn't be hidden. The three individuals behind him were all dressed in white and there were two males with the last member being a female. Each of them had straight and confident postures and they looked capable and experienced. Their looks were extraordinary, not letting down the demeanor of a great sect.

"This old one is late... I wish that His Majesty and the Empress Dowager would excuse us."

The old man leading the group spoke politely but his back was still straight like a pole, showing off the arrogance of someone from an immortal sect.

The ones who arrived were truly old friends and the leader was one of the Phoenix King Valley's Three Halls and Six Palaces' Hall Master. This individual had an imposing aura that was extraordinary and there was a benevolent look on his face. It could even be said that he looked like a kind grandfather next door. However, the truth was that this person was extremely astute. He was an old fox no matter how others might describe him. Back then, Bai Luochu once fell for this person's schemes.

In the past, Bai Luochu was a glutton and she prepared to sneak into the Phoenix King alley to steal a jar of wine. She was shocked at how easy it was to steal a jar when she realized that it had already been swapped with a jar of chili water. Bai Luochu choked on it pretty badly...

This old man was initially watching quietly from the tree but when he saw Bai Luochu's hilarious expression, he couldn't control his laughter. "pffff."

Bai Luochu had even fought against this old man because of this. No one was able to obtain the upper hand and when the old man saw how Bai Luochu had such an impressive cultivation base despite her age, he immediately started to sing her praises.

As the saying went, "no discord, no concord." Bai Luochu who was an evil dao witch had formed a rather good relationship with a member of a prestigious orthodox sect and the both of them became friends despite their huge gap in age.

The old man even took out a jar of excellent wine from his collection to compensate Bai Luochu. The two of them drank the wine and didn't bother about their status and background. They spoke and laughed as they enjoyed a pleasant conversation.

The old man gradually felt that he had hit it off with this lass and although she was from the evil dao, she had exceptional cultivation. Her view on the three outlooks was proper and her morality couldn't be doubted. The more he looked at her, the more pleased he became. He even wanted to recruit Bai Luochu into the Phoenix King Valley.

In order to recruit Bai Luochu, the old man made use of his glib tongue to the fullest. Who knew that no matter what he did, Bai Luochu wouldn't yield. The old man slowly became bewildered and he asked her, "The Phoenix King Valley is one of the Three Great Immortal Sects, a prestigious and orthodox sect. Why won't you join us?"

"Prestigious and orthodox sect? What is righteous? What is evil? It is just the judgment of others who don't comply with rules we set." Bai Luochu snorted with disdain and turned around to smile at the old man as she said, "You are pretty good yourself. Do you have any interest in joining my sect?"

When the old man heard this reply, he was stunned as he started reflecting on whatever she said. As a chuckle escaped his lips, he shook his head and sighed with emotion, "Tsk Tsk, this lass is truly a crafty one."