Prologue

How...

How long has it been?

I can hardly remember who I used to be. I was a student right? I think I was 16, was I really so young? I think,  maybe I was a hero, or I wanted to be one at least. Somehow, that doesn't sound right.

My name...

Sitting on my knees, I lifted my hands in front of me to examine them. My hands felt so light as I moved them, and they glowed with a faint transparency. I could see right through my self. But that's wasn't what I was focused on.

Stared down at my hands, taking in every little detail, my confusion grew.

My hands...
Why do they look like this?

Scars littered my palms, burns stretching from my fore arms to my fingers, black and blue bruises marked my wrist.

Taking my attention off of my hideous hands for a moment, I realized the rest of my body was in a similar condition. My legs, my arms, my feet. Even the clothes I was wearing was worn out and torn.

Confusion and concern for myself grew even stronger, as my expression contorted in to a look of horror.

I look so hurt, I'm hurt right?
I should be in pain right? There's no way I was okay.

Even with all my injuries, the pain was non-existent. Realization spread through my conscience once another fact appeared to me.

My entire body was numb, without any feeling what so ever. Even though I was bruised and battered, any physical touch and all pain was non-existent. I couldn't even feel the wind on my skin, and my temperature had become a thing I was unaware of as well.

I finally took my attention off myself to try to discover where I might be. I didn't notice anything before, but I could tell now that I was in an abandoned warehouse of some sort.

How did I know what a warehouse was?

The room was large, empty, and dark. Musky walls were broken down as if there had been a fight, but the dust around me had long since settled. Rubble scatter here and there, and hug holes and cracks in the ceiling that revealed a the starless void of a sky.

Gazing up to the sky, just staring into the darkness, I felt at peace. With the immense amount of confusion I was experiencing, clear nothingness had comforted me. I could relate to it. I feel as if I am nothing now. I know nothing, I feel nothing, perhaps Ive become a void, too?

My gaze dropped back to the ground, and like a babies first step, I tried to stand up. Every little detail of my existence, or perhaps my non-existentence, screamed in my face as my hands pushed off the ground. I couldnt tell what the ground felt like either. But I managed to stand on my own.

One foot in front of the other, I slowly walked over to a musky puddle. Leaning over to examine my reflection in the water. It was surprised, and yet, not at all.

I was conventionally pretty, (h/l) shiney (h/c) hair, and these big bright (e/c) eyes. Even without any knowledge of eyes, I could tell my eyes were incredibly beautiful. Unfortunately, my face was no exception to the marks on the rest of my body. Scars, burns, and bruises. I looked like I went through hell and back. Along with those chilling feature, I was transparent, only slightly, but it was unsettling. When i stared into my own eyes, my reflection looked right through me.

"Ah, I think get it now..."

My own unfamiliar murmur quietly filled the air around me, another experience to add to the list. But, it seemed clear now.

"I died, right?"

Ghost [Bnha Reader Insert]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें