Chapter 5- Naked Escapade

The next day I woke up on the floor. I tried to get up, my eyes were still closed, unaware of the gruesome horror that awaited them.

Immediately my head started swimming in nothingness, breaking into sharp aches and I tumbled back down again. It was then that I realized I had been trying to get up using my face and was doing a very bad and misguided handstand in the process. This had resulted in me not only slamming my face on the floor but also hitting the back of my head on some kind of furniture.

I felt dizzy and nauseous. The contents of my stomach were threatening to leave my body. I mean chill out, my body was gross but hey they didn't have to pay rent to stay in there.

I opened my eyes, closing them back again when the light attacked me. Ah, it hurt. It hurt everywhere.

After two minutes of trying to control the throbbing in my head, I opened my eyes. As soon as the light attacked me like a lego piece attacks innocent legs, my fuzzy brain told me to close them again. I didn't. I was determined to find out where I was and what the hell had just hit my head and if anyone saw me trying to do the world's first face stand.

However, when my eyes did focus on my surroundings, it wasn't very helpful. I was left staring at my underwear, lying on the floor. My sense of smell came back to me like children running after an ice cream truck and I was hit with the stench of the worst thing I had ever smelled.

I definitely regretted not doing my laundry regularly and tossing my clothes all over the house, now. I needed to get rid of this smell, I needed something to cover my nose.

Hey, I almost forgot, I had hands. I slowly moved my hand, testing to see if it was still there. I was surprised to see that it was. Blimey!

I covered my face, trying to figure out where my body was. Right.

Okay so my face was right in front of my smelly underwear and my legs were...they were on the wall.

What?

I was lying facedown on my stomach and my legs were leaning against the wall. Wait, I must have reverse handstand-ed while reversing my facestand. Well, this surely made things more complicated.

I tried to slither and slide on the face down like a snake, trying to get my legs on the floor. The result of this action was me getting a mouthful of underwear.

Great, just freaking great.

Mmmm it didn't taste as bad as it smelled, it was okay. I considered testing how long I could keep it in my mouth before I gagged but my common sense took over, before I could test that theory and I wrenched it out of my mouth.

Arrgh! I really was gonna gag. Well, sorry stomach contents you are being evicted and have to live in the toilet seat now, that is, if I could get to it.

Slowly, I took charge of my legs and after grabbing the wall and continuously slipping, I managed to stand up. I searched the floor for the thing I had hit my head on.

Guitar, my freaking guitar. It was punishing me for not playing it enough and for not tuning it since the turn of the century.

"You win this time." I told the guitar.

Okay, I needed to get to the bathroom. Where was it again?

Geography, sense of direction and memory had all left me. All that was left was a weird ringing in my brain that sounded a lot like 'baby shark' underwater. I shook my head, trying to drive it away. It worked.

Okay, the guitar was here, I was in my bedroom. Bathroom was to the right. I spotted a door to my right. I stumbled towards it and opened it, fumbling with the doorknob for a good two minutes.

As soon as my sanctuary was open, I made a beeline for the toilet seat, the throne of the drunk and the wretched, and poured the crap out of my stomach to my heart's content. I was panting and stinking by the time I was done so I decided to take a shower for good measure. I had forgotten to take in any clothes, well even if I had not, I don't think I would have been able to reach them without cutting my head open on one of the drawers anyway.

I tied a towel around my middle, whistling a tune and exited the bathroom.

Walking up to my bed, I noticed the tangle of blankets. I must have fallen out of it.

I plunged my hand in, with hopes of displacing the blankets but my hands landed on something warm and hard instead. I gasped.

What was..I..oh no..not again

I knew that feeling well. The blankets parted, revealing...

A man. He had a chiseled jaw, a very very muscular frame and his floppy blonde hair were telltale signs of something which made my heart beat faster.

It seemed that I had forgotten one detail when I entered the bathroom. I had been completely naked when I entered it...

This meant.

I screamed.

The man screamed too.

I screamed again.

The man screamed again.

"Why are we screaming?" He asked, holding his head in his hands. "Is there a ghost?" He said, trying to get up, the blanket slid down.

I had seen what was left to be seen but I quickly covered my eyes.

"NO, NO, NO! Cover yourself with that blanket please." I said, turning red.

He laughed but complied nonetheless.

"I find that weird after last night but hey man, it's your call." He said. When I peeked through my fingers, he winked at me. This man I didn't know the name of was...winking at me...in my bed.

I cleared my throat.

It was then that I realized that I was wearing only a towel. I was so shocked that I dropped the towel. I gaped in horror as Mr. Stranger-in-my Bed caught an eyeful of me.

I quickly picked it up again, trying to tie it. My hands shook as I tried to get it right. I finally did it and stared at the stranger, wide-eyed.

"Did we...?" I trailed off. If he hadn't been in my bed, I would have said it was hot. He was still hot but the fact that he was in my bed made me not acknowledge it. I needed to stay away from hot guys.

"Yes, very passionately.." He said, smiling. I could see his dimples.

I took a deep breath. This couldn't be happening. I- nope - this wasn't happening.

Fight or flight kicked in. Did I want to fight? He looked burly, jacked and he was...pretty. Even if I was Arnold Schwarzenegger, I would never be able to bring myself to hurt his sculpted face.

Flight it was then.

Without thinking, I ran. I ran out of the bedroom, out of the front door, out of my apartment.

I could hear him calling me from behind but no, I couldn't stop.

Did I think this through? Of course not. Was it stupid? Completely. Did I do it anyway? Yep.

I ran out of my apartment, leaving a naked stranger I didn't know the name of, alone in my apartment, in a towel.

When ninety year old Miss Wilson saw me like that, well it was quite a sight for her old eyes.