Chapter 12- Daddy Issues and Holy Hitchcock

The next day I didn't wake up with a hangover, Strawberry Hill was truly almost non-alcoholic. It brushed the mind with the odor of alcohol, tickled it and then ran away. It lacked the power to consume the mind and alter it every which way.

Alejandro had dropped me off last night like the perfect gentleman he was and I had shut the door in his face like the perfect gentleman I was. I regretted the fact that I had suddenly turned into somewhat of a softie last night and had not tried harder to scare him away.

I vowed to murder him if it came to that and get rid of him in any way possible.

I had only started contemplating the consequences of my actions as I walked down to the Hot lounge when my phone broke out into a chorus of 'Baby shark'.

I picked it up and sure enough it was Jane.

"How did it go?" She asked.

"Good morning to you too."

"Quit playing around."

"Awful, terrible, horrendous"

"I take it that it went well then." I could practically hear her grin. I rolled my eyes.

"Sure, whatever you want to believe."

"Your dad called. He has been trying to reach you. Says you aren't answering his calls."

"Jane, you and I both know that I am never going to answer that man's calls right? I haven't talked to him in three years Jane. I have never answered his calls during that time."

"Yes, Tristan, I do. But just hear him out okay? Give him another chance. He is grieving too, Tristan."

"He has no right to be grieving. Do not ever call that man my dad. He lost the chance when he did what he did, Jane. This is the end of this conversation."

"Okay, I get ya. Take care, Tetris."

I didn't answer. I just hung up. I didn't want to think about this. Not today, not when I could go in and talk to an ill-tempered Stacy, who would serve me coffee while staring at me like she wanted to put a stake through my heart. I shook my head, shaking off the memories which came flooding back.

I had tried so hard to move on. Now that I had come so far, I was never going back.

I walked into the Hot Lounge and after getting my coffee, settled down in a corner by the windows. For some reason my eyes wouldn't stay on the cup of steaming coffee in front of me. They were wandering around, searching. Searching for him.

I sighed when my eyes didn't find him. He hadn't called. Not that I wanted him to. Did I want him to? Surely I didn't.

I wondered whether he was okay. I hoped that he was. It hurt to see his smile fade away as if it was suddenly lost to time.

No matter how much I denied it, a part of me hoped that he was going to show up. But he never did.

I walked up to Stacy, trying to convince myself that she wouldn't eat me.

"Ah, how often does Luke come here?" I asked, before I could hold it in.

"Why do you want to know?" She asked, quirking one questioning eyebrow.

"I- ah- I am just curious."

"Are you crushing on him or something?"

I blushed, turning stark red. "Of course not." I let out a very fake sounding laugh. "Why would you even think that?" A nervous sweat trailed down my forehead.