Chapter 15- Revenge is a dirty dish

The next day, I was smiling. Back in my bed, alone, I woke up smiling. The memory of last night was still fresh and it seemed like nothing in the world could ruin it. Except, things are never how they seem.

I was woken up by Jane, barging into my room and handing me a coffee cup.

"Have the gods finally noticed how beautiful I am? What did I ever do to deserve coffee, straight from the Hot Lounge in Bed!" I said, grinning like the cheshire cat.

"You got soup-ed. Drink that, we have to plan revenge."

"How did you-"

"I have my sources, Tetris. You should know that by now. Technically, they took a picture of your soup-soaked self very sneakily and mailed it to everyone you know. Classic High School prank, those idiots. We have to get revenge. You don't look so good in that picture."

"They what-"

"DRINK!"

I obeyed, speechless. The coffee was at the perfect temperature to be drunk. You gotta give it to Jane, she knew me too well.

"Get your butt into something not soup-stained. I have a date today."

"What? You have a date so why do I have to dress up-"

"TETRIS! That is not the important detail. Look at you. Always getting fixated on the wrong things. You need to dress up. That is the important thing here. Scram. Now!"

"But you are hoarding my bedroom. Shouldn't you be the one leaving me in here?" I said, staring at her, open-mouthed.

She just crossed her arms. "Go change in the kitchen."

And of course, I obeyed.

After changing into something which wasn't my underpants, I made my way back to Jane.

"So this is how it's gonna go. You are gonna go to work. I will show up there right at the moment you usually leave. I will grab your soup-er and then ask him on a date. You have to pretend not to know me, okay? Just scram and meet me at Milo's."

"You are gonna go on a date with that craphole at MILO'S? Jane, didn't you take something? Are you high? What happened to you? Are you feeling okay?"

"I am perfectly fine, thank you for your concern. You know me well by now, you should be able to tell Tetris. Now, all I need you to do is stay in the shadows at Milo's and when the big show happens, take pictures, okay?" She said.

"What big show?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

"Look at you. Always asking questions. Just shut up and scram to work and remember the plan." She said.

"I still don't understand why you went through the effort of getting me coffee. You could have just called."

"If I had not offered, the great conceited self-proclaimed God and big time prick Tetris some coffee, would he have agreed to any crazy scheme I proposed?" She asked, nailing me down by her mere gaze.

"Noted." I said, sipping my coffee. She patted my back and looked straight into my eyes and told me very politely "Get your butt out of here!"

***********************

Ignoring Jane hadn't been easy. She looked like herself, my best friend, right there with the biggest douche in the world. Acting all kind and nice and happy - I couldn't take it.

It felt so genuine that I promptly hailed a cab and yeeted out of there as fast as I could. There was no way that she could like that douche - could she? I knew Jane and as far as I was aware, her taste in guys wasn't the borderline pin-cushions. Still the fear chipped away at my insides, a weird feeling settling in my stomach.