Chapter 6- Naked & Afraid

"Good morning, Miss Wilson." I said, in my best british accent, thinking that manners might distract her from my visible nudity.

She didn't say anything. Her pupils dilated as wide as the Grand Canyon and her mouth was wide open in a big 'O'. Her jaw was moving but no sound came out of her mouth.

"Well, if you'll excuse me, Miss Wilson. I have to be on my way." I said, placing a hand on her shoulder.

That was it for her.

The color drained from her face and her eyes were abruptly closed. She had fainted, I took her in my arms before she could fall on the hard asphalt.

Great.

Naked in only a towel, in the middle of the street, holding an unconscious old lady was just how I wanted to start my morning.

Thankfully for me, my morning decided to become even better. A familiar siren rang through the air, blaring at full volume. Crap.

A police car was advancing towards me, the siren growing louder and louder by the second.

Right when I came in direct view of the car, my towel slipped down. I struggled to keep myself covered, trying to keep Miss Wilson in my arms at the same moment. I was panicking. I told myself to breathe. I told myself not to look at the woman in the police car, staring at me as if I had spontaneously sprouted horns.

The officer parked the freaking car.

I sighed.

I knew what was going to happen now.

"Can I help you?" She asked, walking towards me. I had managed to cover my modesty in the time it took her to park the car.

"Yes, actually. This lady here fainted, she needs medical assistance."

"Yes, I can see that. Sir, why don't you put some clothes on?"

"Um...I don't have any with me."

"You do realize that from my point of view, this looks really bad."

"Yes, yes, I do."

I wanted to scream.

"You're going to have to come to the station with me, Sir." She said. "As for the old lady, an ambulance will be here shortly."

An ambulance came and took Miss Wilson away. The officer handcuffed me and chucked me in the backseat of her vehicle.

I suddenly remembered. I hadn't had my coffee today. That was probably the worst thing that had happened to me today. I missed the taste of coffee, badly. This was a travesty!

I wondered how downhill my day could go from here.

**************************

I had never been to a police station once in my life. My sole source of knowledge in these matters was Brooklyn Nine-Nine. The show was fairly accurate. The station wasn't as neat as the show showcased but it was similar in the way that Garfield was similar to a real cat: very vaguely.

I felt all pairs of eyes trained on me. I wondered why.

Then I looked down. Oh, I was still in a towel.

"Sir, you are going to have to give a fine of a thousand dollars." The officer said, writing me a ticket. "Are you able to pay the fine in your current state?"

"Well, obviously I am not carrying my wallet. You saw that, I presume."

The officer cleared her throat, admitting to nothing. "I will not honor that sentence with an answer. However, until you are able to pay the fine, you will have to stay here. You get one call, choose wisely."