Chapter 10 - Knight with the Silver Platter

"So, how are you today?" Alejandro asked after five minutes of utter and complete silence in the car.

"Fine, what about you?" I asked, my eyes wandered over the inside of the car, looking for something, anything that could help me.

"I'm better now that you're here." He said, with a smile. I almost puked inside my mouth. Goddamn, that was so cheesy. I needed an out, right now, before I really ended up puking on Alejandro. On second thought, maybe puking on him might finally diminish his interest in me. It was just that I didn't think I would make it to the puking phase, I might just faint because of the sheer corniness of it. Nope, I needed a way which didn't involve Alejandro taking me to the hospital, who knows maybe he might like me as a bachelor in a bind.

I looked around, helplessly. Then, my eyes landed on the car radio. I grinned.

I turned on the radio, immediately turning it over to the heavy metal station which I truly and utterly despised. It contained the screams and howls of low-budget, just-out-of-the-garage, brand-new screaming musicians. I wouldn't ever in any form or state dare call this music. Maybe my "bad taste" in music would drive Alejandro away.

"Isn't it soothing?" I asked, as I turned up the volume and a chorus of screams filled the car.

"So, you like heavy metal? Hell yeah. It is truly soothing." Alejandro said. "I love it!"

I turned to stare at him as if he had suddenly grown a pair of horns. It didn't look like he was joking. He was truly serious and enjoying this cacophony of a thousand painstricken voices with a smile on his face.

I had the sudden urge to smack my head against the dashboard. Dang it!

For the rest of the drive, I had to suffer the sounds of torture while Alejandro slowly bobbed his head back and forth as he drove. Oh God, this truly was turning out to be one hellish date, not for him but for me.

I cursed inwardly, vowing to come up with a better idea.

We finally reached Regent. The tall building which was practically drenched in the stench of luxury, intimidated me. I gulped as I glared at the shiny building. There, goes my paycheck.

I got out the door as soon as Alejandro stopped the car, leaving him to park it and strode inside the building, alone.I had figured, being rude was the way to go. He caught up with me when I reached the reception.

"Reservation for Willaims?" I told the receptionist, all too aware how weird my voice suddenly sounded. He looked at me and then down at a book and then nodded.

"This way, Sir." He said, rising to his feet. He led us not to the central room, filled with talking, wine-drinking, richly-clad, arsehole guests but to the balcony which was devoid of people, filled with a single table and chairs, carrying a romantic aura no other place in this hotel did.

"This is our romantic lounge, booked for only special occasions. I'm glad you chose it, Sir." The receptionist said, with a wink. He freaking winked!

By the looks of it, it seemed like this place was only reserved for couples and people who were looking to propose to each other. I swallowed.

I was gonna kill Jane.

Now, there would be no shred of doubt that this was a freaking date. I turned to look at Alejandro, gauging his reaction. He looked perfectly fine with this. In fact, he was grinning like a fool. A handsome fool but a fool nonetheless.

I let my eyes wander over the table. The table in the center was decorated with tall, carefully crafted candles. It was covered with a blue and gold table cloth which must have cost more than my current outfit did. A dim lamp was hanging over the table, lighting only the table and chairs and leaving the rest of the balcony in darkness.