Flightless and Weak

No song today!
Ily guys!
---

The group awoke, well, the boys did in the afternoon. They were awoken by grunting and thumps. Sonic was the first to open up his eyes, and he clearly saw the explination for all the noise.

Rainbow Dash was charging, jumping, then falling. She kept on doing that. He decided to just watch and theorize on what she's planning. The first thing that came to mind was flight, but her wings couldn't have healed overnight. She wouldn't try flying after being directly told she couldn't, right? Right..?

Wrong. Apon closer inspection, Sonic noticed her wing movements matched those to a a large bird trying to take flight. Sonic facepalmed himself as he softly landed on the ground with a quiet thud. It managed to reach Dash's ears as she turned her head toward him "Morning, sleepyhead." She said softly as she kept on her practice.

"No offense feather brain, but, maybe you shouldn't try flying? Its been a day, even I don't heal that fast. Listen to Tails and just walk for now." He told her with an eyeroll "Plus you'll wake everyone up at this rate." He added.

The pegasi sighed, "Look, I know I should just lay back, but we're kind of on a time limit. The faster I can fly, the faster I can get things done, the faster we go save everyone, the faster I never have to see you again!" She said, preparing to jump again. Sonic stopped her by throwing a small pebble at the back of her head.

"Ow! What was that for?!" She shouted, "Hey quiet down! They're sleeping! And it was to knock some sense into you, don't get me wrong I like to take things fast, but even I know what you're doing is stupid." He told her. Rainbow Dash huffed, "Fine, I'll listen to you." She said with an eyeroll, surprising Sonic with that. He honestly expected her to whine or something.

"Well, uh- You know how to make breakfast?" He asked. The pony just shook her head, "Nah, and even if I did, I have way too long of a mane. There would be some locks in the food, and no one likes that." She said, to which Sonic agreed.

"Well, I did bring some Chili dogs, want some?" He asked, taking some out. "Chili dogs..? A-are those made from dogs..?" She asked, disgusted. Sonic then face palmed at his own stupidly, she's a pony! Of course she wouldn't know what a Chili dog is, her kind can't eat this stuff!

"No! They're not! But they are meat so I don't think you'd like that. Want apples instead?" To that the pony nodded, and Sonic took out two big red ones for her to eat. She looked at them with a drool.
'She probably didn't eat in ages..' Sonic thought as he ate a Chili Dog.

The mare took one in her hoof and began to eat quietly. On her face you can clearly see she loved it, but she seemed to refuse to comment on it. As they ate, the other two woke up.

Tails streched and let out a groan "Ngh, I got too used to sleeping on beds. I need to get used to trees and grass again.." He said, looking over at Knuckles who didn't seem too bothered. "I'm used to sleeping outdoors." He said with a shurg.

Tails took out his food capsule and brought out some berries to pass around, to which everyone gladly accepted. "So, where to first?" Rainbow asked, finishing up her small breakfast and getting her bags. Tails spoke up, "Well, I remember we gave one emerald to a close friend of ours, Amy Rose!" He said with a huge grin, which make Sonic let out a light groan.

"Why'd we leave it with Amy again? Why not Shadow, or Jet?" He asked as he crossed his arms with a pout. He clearly didn't want to see this Amy person, which just made Dash want to meet her more. "Who's Amy?" She asked.