Shadows and Rainbows

Yes, Shadow's gonna be in this chapter. He's gonna be a pretty important charater in this book so yeah! Anyway, enjoy!

---

The group got quite a deal of walking done that day, Rainbow Dash explained some of Equestia's history as they walked. Tails wanted to disprove every sentence but kept his mouth shut for the sake of being polite.

Rainbow Dash felt strange as she walked with them.. Not a strange good, a strange bad. As if, something was watching them. She kept her gaurd up, cause that feeking combined with the recent attack was no good at all.

She kept whipping her head around, hoping to catch whatever it was in the act, but she was never able to. Soon, night fell and the group decided to have some dinner and hit the hay, but Rainbow Dash offered to stay awake as a look out for any more of those Badnicks. Knuckes refused and said he would do it, which sparked a small agruement, in the end it was agreed none of them would do it.

The boys got on their usual resting places, and soon dozed off to dreamland, however, Rainbow didn't. She knew that durring the day she'd have no time to practice so she'd thought now would be best. She wondered away from the sleeping Mobians and found a quiet and empty place.

She took a deep breath and spread out her wings with a small wince in pain. She began to trot, run, then gallop until she built enough momentum.. Then, she jumped and..

She fell.

"Oof!" She grunted out as her face met the dirt, she got back up with a growl. Her hoofs scraped the ground as she let out a huff. She charged once again, only to fail. And fail. And fail. Bruises began to taint her blue coat as she let out a silent groan. "Ugh.. This is getting me nowhere! But I can't give up.." She sighed out as she stretched her wings again, however, this time when she jumped, she felt a large metal claw grip at her wings. She yelped in pain as she was being dragged off.

"Ugh! Ow! Let- ngh! Go!" She said, tears already forming in her eyes. This really hurt. "Please!- ugh! Help! Anyone please!- ow! Pleas-" her calls for help were inturpred by the sound of metal being crushed and broken. She turned to see a Mobian.. It looked kinda like Sonic, but, at the same time it didn't. Due to the darkness she didn't see the color right away but after a few seconds she noticed the red stripes, the quill formation, and those rings on their wrists.

"Oh, its you." She blandly said as she got out of the now loose grip of the badniks, the black hegdehog looked shocked, as if he didn't expect her to notice it was him. What? Did he think she'd suspect him of someone else?

"I- uh-.. Hmph. A thanks would be appreciated." "Yeah, it would, wouldn't it?" She said with a playful smirk. He rolled his eyes, "You're annoying. Goodnight." He said as he was about to leave.

"Wait!" Rainbow said quickly, to which he turned around to face her. "How.. How did you know I was here? Even Sonic didn't show up." Shadow looked at her expressionless and shrugged. "He's a very heavy sleeper. I don't sleep." "Sure you don't." She teased, to which he responded "The ultimate lifeform needs no sleep." He said with crossed arms.

Rainbow let out a sarcastic gasp "Ultimate lifeform? Oh my! I deeply apologize! I had no idea I was messing with the might of the gods and earth inside the body of such a handsome hedgehog!" She said, clearly not believing Shadow was this 'Ultimate Lifeform'. It just annoyed the black hegdehog to no end.

"I'm out." He said as he began to jump into trees and try to rush off. However, something Rainbow said stopped him in his tracks.

"Why were you following us?"

She looked up at the hedgehog with a determined look. He sighed and looked down, "What are you talking about? What would I have to gain from following you?" "That's what I'm wondering. So tell me Shadow, what did you have to gain from following us?"

Shadow let out a soft growl, "I didn't follow you. Why are you so bold and so quick to assume that?" "Hm, I don't know. I KNOW someone was following us. Granted, I couldn't see them, but I know we were followed! And, how did you manage to be here at the exact place and time I needed you, hm?" She said with a large, confident grin.

Shadow huffed and jumped back down quickly, moving the dirt a bit as he landed harshly. He was also knelt down so he was face to face with the pony, who was shocked by his sudden movements.

"Congratulations, you say you were followed by someone you couldn't see. For all you know, you're just paranoid about these new and dangerous surroundings. Or maybe you were followed, after all, the wildlife get quite curious, and are attracted to bright and colorful things." He said as he pointed to her long, overgrown and colorful mane. "And yes, I did manage to be at the right place, but right time? If I did follow you, wouldn't I have jumped in sooner, instead of waiting last minute?" He finished, and athough he didn't have any sort of smirk or smile, Rainbow could tell he was proud with himself.

She just pouted, and backed up "Well, SOMETHING followed us. Anyway, can you just.. Leave me alone now?" She said, nearly tripping on her overgrown mane, swearing on how it needs to be cut soon.

Shadow chuckled, "For what? So can be captured and killed? Not happening. I may not care all that much about you or what you wanna do for your pastel pony nation, but I do know that sense you landed on this soil, and you haven't caused any harm.. I should try to protect you when the faker can't. So, no, I won't be going. Not until I walk you back to your camp and when you fall alseep." He told her, sternly yet caringly.

Rainbow looked up at the black hegdehog, who looked every intimidating under the moonlight. His blood red eyes were staring deep into her large magenta ones.

Thats when she knew,
He was no enemy.

He was her guardian angel.

She thought for a bit and softly muttered out an okay, and thus the two walked back to the camp, she summoned down another cloud and laid on it, her mane and tail flowing down the ends like a rainbow waterfall, something Shadow thought was very unique looking under the soft moonlight.

Shadow gently leaned closer to her, crouching down slighty as he reached her ear, he softly whispered, "Allow your wings to heal with time, if you continue putting stress on them, they'll become useless." He pulled back and looked at her with a cocky grin. It took her a few seconds before, "Wait ho-"

But Shadow just vanished without a trace.
Rainbow lighty chuckled with a yawn before closing her eyes.

"Damn hegdehog, you really did follow me.. Ha, jerk.." She fell alseep, feeling a bit happy. Happy that she wasn't crazy and.. Happy that Shadow was really looking out for her. Maybe they'll get close some day.

But today is not that day.
And thats okay.

---

I know its short don't kill me-