Chapter 3 The new roommate

Today is my last day of detention and tomorrow the me roommate arrives. Once the day was over and done with detention I decided to go onto my cheap laptop I got from the orphanage for living their for 13 years I got it for my 13th Christmas their. Since it was mine I got to do what ever I wanted on it. I decided to sign up on instagram. My account was made. I looked up good accounts on "explore." Looks like a lot were pics of some band called "R5". 4 boys and 1 girl. I thought that was interesting. I looked them up on iTunes. They were so amazing. I listened and downloaded all their songs. I looked at the clock. 11:55 pm it read. I went to sleep remembering the new roommate was coming tomorrow. When I woke up I heard a knock at the door. The new roommate had arrived. "Come in" I said, combing my hair. "This is your roommate or the person who will be living alone" Mrs. Blank said. Once my new roommate put all of her stuff in our tiny room. We say down as the cooks came in with some hot chocolate. So we talked to get to know each other. "Hello my name is Ashley and I'm 17" I said. "Hi I'm Mary and I'm 16." "So how come you came here. I'm mean its none of my business but I was just wondering." "Oh. I'll tell you but please don't tell anybody else." " I won't I promise. Then I'll tell you" " Ok so my mom dropped me off because my father died a few days ago and my mom couldn't afford me." Mary started to cry. " Oh. My turn. Well I basically have the same story as you but both of my parents couldn't afford me any more and I've been living here since I was 2 months." I added. "Oh" Mary said. "Well enough of the sad stuff let me show you around tomorrow."