Chapter 3

Ally's POV

I walk out of my last class of the day, swinging my bag over my shoulder. I glance around the halls to see my sister walking toward me.

 I glance around the halls to see my sister walking toward me

"Hey, Bells." I say, smiling.

"Hi, Ally." She smiles very slightly.

"Let's get going. We have to stop at the office." I say, walking with her.

We walk slowly and quietly for a second.

"You're dating a Cullen, aren't you?" She asks, glancing at me.

"Well, technically he's a Hale, but yes." I nod.

"What's up with...Edward?" She asks, softly.

"What do you mean?" I ask, walking to the office.

I open the door before she can finish her sentence. There is Edward at the desk, talking to the secretary.

"There must be something open sixth period. Physics? Biochem?" Edward asks the lady.

"No, every class is full. I'm afraid you'll have to stay in biology. I'm so sorry." She sighs.

The secretary notices Bella and I and holds up a finger, meaning one minute. Edward glances back at me before looking at Bella. He quickly turns around.

"I'll just...endure it." He mumbles to her.

Edward quickly turns and runs past us, slamming his shoulder into mine, trying to stay away from Bella. He runs out the door and I sigh. Bella rolls her eyes.

"Jerk." She murmurs before handing over her paper.

She takes my hand and pulls me out the door. I glance over toward the parking spots the Cullen's use. Both cars are gone. I scrunch my eyebrows. What could've possibly happened after lunch that freaked out Edward? I'll have to call Jasper later. I walk to Bella's truck and get inside. Bella backs out of the parking spot and pulls out of the parking lot.

We're quiet for a few minutes when she finally speaks up.

"You never answered me."

"What did you ask?" I say, looking at her.

"What's up with Edward?" She stares at the road.

"He's...just shy." I answer.

"That wasn't shy." She sends a look my way.

"He's nervous around new people." I say, trying to think of a lie.

She rolls her eyes and we continue the ride in silence. We make it to the diner and Bella hurries inside. I grab my bag and step out of the truck. I walk inside the diner and glance around. I walk toward the table dad and I normally sit. I sit down across from Bella. We all make small talk while Cora brings over our food.