Chapter 5

It's been a few days since Jasper asked me to prom and I'm sitting at Bella's lunch table today. I glance over to their table for a few seconds. Jasper is talking with Kevin and Alice while Emmett and Rosalie are making their normal lovey eyes to each other. Edward is staring at Jasper's lunch tray with anger and determination written all over his face.

I look up when Bella drops her book bag in a chair next to me.

"La Push baby! You in?" Eric asks Bella.

"Should I know what that means?" She sits down.

"La Push beach, down on the Quileute rez. We're all going after school. Big swell coming in." Mike chimes in.

"And I don't just surf the internet." Eric stands from his chair.

He puts his hands out and acts like he's surfing.

"Eric, you stood up once." I giggle, trying a french fry at him.

" I giggle, trying a french fry at him

"On a foam board." Jessica says.

"There's whale watching, too. Come with." Angela smiles widely.

"La Push, baby!" Eric says again.

I roll my eyes and look at Bella.

"It's where Uncle Billy lives." I say, informing her of where it is.

"I'll go if he stops saying that." She smiles slightly.

Bella stands up and walks over to the salad line. I shake my head and continue to talk with Angela. Before I can finish one of my sentences, someone pulls me up by the hood of my sweater. I quickly spin around to see Edward. I raise an eyebrow and he grabs my hand, pulling me to the hallway.

"What's going on?" I ask, glaring up at him. "You can't just pull-"

"Does Jasper know you're going to La Push today?" He cuts me off.

"Yes. He said it was fine because Uncle Billy knows I'm with him. Also he's going hunting so he doesn't care." I roll my eyes.

"You're ris-"

This time I cut him off.

"Edward Masen Cullen, you are not my boyfriend. You are my boyfriend's brother. It doesn't matter what you think. You guys can't go there but I can. I got permission from my boyfriend. I don't need it from you."

I quickly turn around and walk back over to my table. I glance over at Jasper to see him watching me. I tilt my head slightly toward Edward who is walking back into the lunch room. He rolls his eyes and I sit back down. Hours later, Mike, Tyler and Jessica are changing into their wetsuits to surf while Angela, Bella and I are at the van. Angela takes another photo before sighing.

"I keep thinking Eric's going to ask me to prom, then he just...doesn't." She says.

"You could ask him." Bella says, glancing at her.