Chapter 8-Finale

I stare out the window as Kevin drives. We've been driving for hours and I've already fallen asleep twice. I glance over at Bella to see her typing on her phone before bringing it to her ear. A second later she's talking.

"Mom, it's me again. You must have let your phone die. Anyway, Ally and I aren't in Forks anymore but we're okay. I'll explain everything when you call. Love you." She hangs up.

I reach over and take her hand. She looks over at me and weaves her fingers with mine before smiling very slightly. I smile toward her before scooting closer to her. Bella leans toward me and puts her head on my shoulder. I lay my head against hers and closed my eyes, drifting off once again.

Third Person P.O.V. ~

Edward runs through the woods near the Cullens house with Emmett, Rose and Jasper behind him. Esme and Carlisle are already a few feet in front of them. Edward and Emmett keep running, but Rose and Jasper stop by a tree. Rose rubs Ally's jacket against the bark, making sure to transfer the scent to it. Jasper sniffs the tree and nods toward her causing them to run again.

Esme and Carlisle crouch on a till looking down at the river that separates the treaty. Below they see Victoria jogging beside the river, searching for the scent. She stops, smelling something else close. She turns in the direction of the couple. She doesn't see anything but smells one of the humans scents. Bella's. She smirks to herself before running toward it.

Esme and Carlisle continue to run, happy that Victoria took the bait. James is seen running toward the tree Rosalie rubbed Ally's scent. He stops and sniffs the spot, smirking to himself. He runs a few feet before turning around and sniffing the spot again. His eyes grow dark and he punches the tree before turning around. He runs back toward Victoria.

Edward and Jasper turn around.

"Oh no." Edward whispers.

"What?" Rosalie asks, looking toward them.

"He realized it was a trick." Jasper says.

Emmett and Rose's eyes widened before running to Carlisle and Esme.

Ally's P.O.V. ~

I pick at my plate at the hotel Kevin and Alice put us in. Alice insisted we get something to eat, but I'm not very hungry. Being tracked by a murderous vampire kinda does that to you. They carried us in while we were sleeping so I've only been up for about an hour. Kevin put the TV on hoping that it will calm me down and get my focus put on something else.

It's not helping. The only thing, I think, that will calm me down is Jasper. I need to know if he is okay. James is dangerous but I know they can take care of themselves. Jasper and Edward are over 100 years old while Emmett and Rose are almost there. I believe in them to finish this. I just wish it wasn't because of my sister and I.

I look up at the bedroom door to see Bella walking out, staring at her phone.

"I wish he'd call." She sighs.

"You should eat." Alice says, standing up from the couch.

Bella just shakes her head and sits down at the table across from me.

"They could get hurt. It's not worth it." She mumbles before glancing at me.

"Yes. It is." Kevin says, from the couch.

Bella jumps slightly, not used to Kevin engaging with her. She turns to him with her eyebrow raised.

"Edward's changed since he found you. And none of us want to look into his eyes for the next hundred years if he loses you. Same with Jasper. They'd both go crazy. Maybe even go to the V..." He pauses before shaking his head. "It's worth it."