Chapter 4

Everything seems to freeze around me. I swing my arm in front of Bella, even though my brain is telling me it won't help. It's the only thing that I can think of at this very second that will protect my baby sister. I watch the van in horror as it gets closer. 

Just as the van reaches us, we are pushed to the ground

Just as the van reaches us, we are pushed to the ground. My head slams against the truck behind me and my vision gets blurry for a few seconds. I hold my head and blink before looking around me. Edward has both arms holding Bella down to the ground. The back of Tyler's van has hit Bella's truck, from what I can see behind Edward's body. I look to my right to see Jasper's left hand against my stomach, meaning he pushed me back to the ground.

Jasper's right hand is against the van, which also caused a huge dent in the metal, stopping it from hitting us. From what I can tell just by looking around, Edward pushed Bella back to save her while Jasper pushed me back and had a hand out to stop the van from hitting all of us. Jasper removes his hand from the van and pulls me into his body. I wrap my arms tightly around his neck, tearing slightly.

"You're okay." He whispers into my hair.

"You gotta go. If they see you here, they'll question it." I whisper, still holding tight.

He kisses my head before pulling from me.

"I will see you at the hospital." He whispers once again.

Only after I nod, does he completely stand up straight. He uses his speed to get out of the area with Edward following close behind him. Time seems to pick up because everyone is now screaming and calling for help. I look at Bella.

"Are you okay?" I ask, reaching toward her.

"...How did Edward get here so fast?" She asks, confused.

I don't get to answer her because Tyler opens his passenger side window and looks down.

"Ally! Bella! I am so sorry!"

The next hour flies by because the next thing I know I'm laying down in a gurney. The E.R. doctor is looking into my eyes with his pen light. Bella is in the one right next to me while Tyler is laying on one near the foot of my bed since I'm in the corner. He has a cut on his forehead. The double doors on the other side of the room are thrown open.

My dad rushes into the room and glances around. He sees us in the back corner and runs over. He stands at the end of my bed, with his back toward Tyler.

"Ally, Bells. Are you alright?" He asks, quickly.

"I'm fine dad." Bella says, rolling her eyes.

"I'm okay. Just a little headache." I say, still staring at the light.

The doctor finishes and checks out Bella.

"I'm so sorry, guys. I tried to stop." Tyler says, looking over at us.