Chapter 3 - Leads and Lies?

Leads and Lies?

Leads and Lies?

May 29, 2018 - Tuesday Night

Indie went home even more perplexed, but also enlightened. Who was the mysterious texter? What was the connection of Jessie's ex to her murder? How about Allie? Her head was starting to pound from overthinking.

"Hey dad! I'm home!" She called out, heading into the dining room. Her father wasn't in his usual spot, which didn't surprise her. He could've went out to get something related to the case - a new clue or lead perhaps. It didn't escape her notice that the autopsy report still hadn't been released.

Reheating her dinner, she began to ponder over Emily's words again, reviewing the 'facts' of her narrative. She couldn't tell yet whether or not it was true or all lies. The omly thing she could do was follow through all the new leads given to her and hopefully not hit a dead end. Slumping on the chair, she placed her head in her hands, frustrated.

She didn't know what to believe anymore. With only Emily's story to further her lead in solving Jessie's murder, she was at a bit of a loss. Jessie's killer was still out there, and she was here sitting alone at home with a raging headache.

The ping of the microwave gave her a bit of a distraction. Taking out the heated mac 'n cheese, she began to munch on the chessy, goopy mess that her dad prepared.

As she began eating, her mind went back to her present conundrum. Finding Jessie's killer. She now had three leads following the original lead. Eric the ex, Kaiden the boyfriend, and Allie. So far, Indie still didn't know what to make of the mysterious text from the unknown number Jessie recieved.

A beep from her phone distracted her momentarily from her thoughts. Looking down, she saw it was from Nico.

From: Nico

Hey! You still going to the game this weekend?

She bit her lower lip. She had completely forgotten about the game. She had been so immersed with Jessie's case that she eventually thought the game would be cancelled due to her unexpected death. But it seemed it was still on.

Nico was more or less a study buddy of hers. He came to her when he needed tutoring for Maths and he gave her info about things she needed to know about the other students. He was after all, a hacker. But lately, he seemed to be wanting more. She sighed, shaking her head to disperse the thoughts that were forming about Nico.

To: Nico

I'm not sure, Nic. I thought the game was cancelled though?

A beep.

From: Nico

It wasn't really cancelled, but I heard they were thinking about it. Apparently, they decided against it.