Chapter 5 - The Coroner's Report and Allie's Secret

This chapter is dedicated to notalert and AngelaRoze1

Chapter 5 - The Coroner's Report and Allie's Secret

May 30 - 31, 2018 (Wednesday Evening to Thursday)

"Well, it seems that there is more to this case than we initially thought."

Indie started, staring at her father in mild astonishment. "What do you mean?"

John laid the folder down on the table and rubbed tiredly at his eyes. He had expected that it wasn't a simple stabbing, but this, he did not expect. Silently, he contemplated, hands steepled in front of him, whether or not he would tell Indie about it. The expression on her face made the decision for him.

He sighed and began to summarize. "She was stabbed twenty times with what is presumed to be a standard size chef's knife, 20 cm long, this we already know." Indie nodded and he continued, ticking his fingers as he went.

"She was strangled, bruises around her neck were found after she was cleaned. Bruises indicate this was done when she was alive. Trachea intact, which meant that she was strangled enough to obstruct the airway but not enough to crush the windpipe. Possibly what caused her death, but we're not sure yet."

Indie sucked in a breath, hands clasped tightly in front of her as she focused her gaze on the wooden table.

"There's more." At this, Indie turned to her father, posture rigid as she readied herself to hear about the atrocities inflicted unto her dead classmate.

"Traces of alprozalam, clorazepate, Prozac and cocaine were found in her blood and urine which meant that she had either been drugged or had taken it on her own consent."

Indie cursed under her breath, running a hand through her hair. Alprozalam and clorazepate are Benzodiazepines; used to treat anxiety disorders and usually lasted for 3-6 weeks in urine and 2-3 days in blood. But why would she need the two? Usually one was enough. On the other hand, Prozac or fluoxetine is used to treat major depressive disorder. Did Jessie have an anxiety disorder? And severe depression? It was possible, the more she thought about it. The cocaine though, was another matter altogether.

"The scrapes on her body were caused post mortem. There also isn't any suggestion that she was raped." John ended, clasping his fingers in front of him and staring blankly at the wall.

"What about her clothes, she was found naked, have they been retrieved?" Indie fired, agitated.

"We're still on it. We've sent in some bloodhounds and K-9's to track her scent." Her father informed, placing his chin on his fist.