oikawa t. ✧ photograph

spoiler alert! slight spoiler, post-timeskip

。・:*:・★。・:*:・゚☆

You just finished your work and you came home. You let out a groan feeling exhaustion consume your body. It was finally the weekend which gave you time for yourself. You haven't read in a while, so you picked up your all-time favourite poetry book.

You flipped and skimmed thru the pages but was stopped when something was sandwiched among the pages. It was a photo, tucked between pages 52 and 53 where your favourite poem was written.

Holding the photo in your fingers, your eyes softened, almost filling up with sadness. You stared at the photo, it was a picture of you and one of your greatest friends, Oikawa, during one of your school trips on your third year. Both smiling brightly as his arm rested on your shoulder comfortably.

You still remembered how you frantically looked for him among all the students. The two of you together with Iwaizumi were the greatest of friends ever since the first year of highschool.

You chuckled to yourself quietly due to the memory.

You fell in love with him, you didn't want to but you did. You didn't want to fall for him in fear of destroying your friendship. But then sometime at the end of the first year, you confessed. You did with the goal of letting it out of your chest so you can move on much easier, but to your surprise, your feelings were reciprocated.

Everything was good with you two. You were happy and in love with each other. You stuck by him through all his ups and downs and showered him with all the love and affection you could muster. You were so deeply in love with him.

Yet here you were, feeling like one of your lowest. You knew that he was passionate about volleyball and that he will pursue it as a career, and you whole-heartedly support him. You were shocked that he was going overseas for that but still you supported him.

You felt your eyes sting.

There were a lot of tears shed when you both decided for yourselves that maybe it would be better to let go, to let go so you can both chase your dreams and passion with everything that you got. He wasn't sure if he would still be able to give you time and he didn't want to hurt you and hold you down like that, you deserved more.

"I'm probably gonna regret this, letting you go, but I just want you to know that I love you, I really do, and I would still love you even after this."

Those were the words he said, with tears falling down his chocolate eyes as he kissed your lips for the last time.

You wondered if ,somewhere, wherever he might be, he still thought about you like this, reminiscing your memories together.

If somewhere out there, he still held you deep in his heart and still love you just as much as you do. God, you were so in love with him. You still are.

。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆

𝐀/𝐍
kinda turned out to be a songfic (photograph - ed sheeran) but this was actually loosely inspired by my very own life, so yea anw thanks u all for reading, voting and commenting, love u all stay safe ♡