sakusa k. ✧ kisses

Sakusa Kiyoomi is a well-known top ace spiker and also a germaphobe. Opting to stay away from crowds and avoiding physical contact. Always wearing masks and gloves to avoid getting germs.

Just the thought of physical contact makes him grimace and cringe, yet here he is worried,  remembering all your interactions this past week and noticing that you have never kissed him.

It bothered him. You always kissed him or placed a simple peck on his cheek whenever you said goodbye. Everything was normal but no kisses, only hugs. He wondered if he did something wrong.

What if you didn't like him anymore? What if you were gonna break up with him? Did you get tired of him? What's the problem?

"Yo Sakusa! You seem to be more down and grumpy than usual, you okay?" The libero asked after one of their practices.

Sakusa debated whether to tell Komori the reason or not. He trusted his cousin and maybe he could help him.

"You know, (y/n) hasn't been affectionate lately."

"Really? She seems normal, you guys still go together and hug and all."

"Yeah she does still hug me..." Sakusa trailed off.

"So what's the problem?"

"... She hasn't been giving me kisses lately." The ace muttered feeling a tinge of embarrassment.

The libero tried not to laugh but failed, releasing a few giggles earning him a glare from the ace. He never knew his cousin had this kind of side, that was new.

"Hmm... It doesn't seem like she's mad at you or something, you should just ask her."

"..."

"(y/n)-chan would surely tell you the reason if you asked her."

They then separated as Sakusa waited for his girlfriend at the school's gate so they could walk home together. The (h/c)-haired girl skipped towards him. The walk was the same as usual, (y/n) talking about her day and Sakusa listening to her ramble, he thought back to the talk he and Komori had.

When they reached (y/n)'s house he still had that nagging thought on his mind.

Friday nights were their sleepover and movie night since it's the weekend. They brought snacks and made themselves comfortable in the living room. They cuddled together under the blankets.

Halfway through the movie when coincidentally a kissing scene appeared, Sakusa finally asked.

"(y/n)?"

"hmm?"

"Are you mad at me? Do you still love me?"

This made the girl sit up and stare at his black orbs, looking for a hint of mischief to see if this was a joke or something.

"What? No, of course not. What made you think that?"

Sakusa buried his face on the crook of her neck, feeling slightly flustered being so open about his feelings.

"Then how come you haven't been kissing me lately?" He mumbled against her neck, nuzzling against it making his hair brush her cheeks.

Giggling to herself, she pulled her boyfriend's face in front of her and kissed his lips passionately. Sakusa felt so starved of her kisses that he immediately cupped her neck and pulled her closer, making the kiss deeper.

Pulling away to catch their breath, (y/n) laughed finding her boyfriend adorable.

"Do you really wanna know why?"

He answered with a nod.

"You do know that we have quite a big height difference right? I'd have to tip-toe to reach you, but my neck has been feeling a little sore lately."

Sakusa just stared at her, still processing the information.

"I didn't really think that you would actually mind it that much, since I know that you're not really fond of physical contact with people."

So the reason you haven't been kissing him as much was because he was too tall for you? So it was his height? The thought made him want to facepalm right then and there but decided to stop himself.

He released a sigh then cuddled you closer to his chest, burying his face in your hair.

"I may hate touching others but I wouldn't mind you, I know you're clean. And you could have told me the reason, I would have adjusted, you know."

You laughed a little, feeling butterflies in your stomach. Sakusa wasn't the most open to his feelings and wasn't the most affectionate boyfriend but knowing that he actually missed your touches and kisses made you extremely happy.

"I'm sorry about that, I'll make sure to tell you next time."

For the rest of the night, you provided him all the kisses and cuddles that he was deprived of the previous week. Who knew that his height actually had a flaw.