suna r. ✧ midnight drives

Friday 11:45 PM

babe

wear smth comfy

and bring ur blankets and
pillows

what?

why?

ill be over in ten

be ready, see you later

babe? what??

rin???

Today was the start of your semestral break. Finally finishing and miraculously surviving and passing all your classes, you were more than glad to have this break. You actually decided to just sleep and laze around tomorrow, but I guess your boyfriend has other plans for you.

Complying with his texts, you changed into one of your sweats and one of Rintarou's shirts. You gathered a couple of your fluffy blankets and pillows and brought it downstairs in your living room.

Alerted with the ring of your apartment's doorbell, you opened your door to your boyfriend sporting his usual comfy attire, sweats and a hoodie.

"Hey Rin! What's up?"

"Hmm... Nothing, just decided to take you to a drive."

You knew that he was mostly lazy, prefering to stay indoors and cuddle than to going out, so this took you by surprise but still, of course, it made you happy.

He helped you carry your stuff while intertwining his hands with yours, guiding you to his parked car. He dumped all the blankets and pillows at the back while you made yourself comfortable in the passenger seat.

The streets were mostly empty with a few cars passing by occasionally. The car was filled with a comfortable silence with the music playing in the background.

Suna liked playing with your hands and fingers, so seeing that the roads were fairly empty, he took one hand off of the steering wheel and held one of yours.

He wasn't big on PDA so you find it extremely endearing when he shows you his affection in his own little ways.

He pulled up at a McDonald's drive thru buying food for the both of you. You still didn't actually know where he was taking you.

"Where are we going, rin?"

"It's a surprise."

"Surprise my ass. As far as I know, you could actually be kidnapping me."

"Shit babe how'd you know?"

Your little banter continued and ended with a small fit of laughter. After about ten minutes of driving along the forest, the trees cleared up and you were left amazed by the night sky.

This area had less air and light pollution so the sky was clearer. You were able to see the stars twinkling brightly. Suna then pulled up at a clearing.

"We're here." He left the car and you followed him, laying beside him on the patch of grass.

"Here? As in here, in the middle of nowhere?"

"Yes, and for your information this is not 'in the middle of nowhere' I actually know this area."

"What? How did you even have the time to find this place?"

"This is actually near my senpai in highscool's place. He has a farm nearby and they own this area too."

You were amazed at the fact that Rin actually had a senpai who owned a farm. The both of you spent your time star gazing while eating your take-away food and talking to him about anything and everything.

When you both decided to actually finally sleep at 4 in the morning, he opened the back door of his car and folded all the chairs down. He laid all the blankets and pillows making it as comfortbale as he possibly can.

You snuggled against his body and buried your face in his chest, inhaling his scent which made you feel at ease. He chuckled at this and pulled you closer, wrapping his arm around you while the other played with your hair.

"Rin?"

"Hmm?"

"Why'd you suddenly take me out?"

He remained silent for a while, thinking if he should tell you the actual reason.

"I know how hard you worked this sem and you seemed so stressed, so I wanted to give you a break so you can relax."

This made you super soft, you couldn't stop the huge smile forming on your lips. Looking up at him, you placed a kiss on his lips.

"You worked super hard too, you know. Not just with your studies but also in volleyball, you deserve this too."

It was true, he really worked hard on both his classes and volleyball. Besides your classes, you also have a part time job so this made it hard to have times like this to yourselves. I mean, yeah you did still go on dates and bonded together but you missed this. You missed his warmth and the feeling of being cuddled up next to him.

"I missed you, Rin."

"I missed you too, baby."

He placed a kiss on your forehead and weaved his fingers through your hair, massaging your scalp. The cool breeze, the soft sound of crickets, his arms around you engulfed you in his warmth. Your breathing slowed and you drifted off to dreamland with a small content smile on your features.