1.It's Only You.

The car took a rash turn.

It directly hit the truck.
* * * * *

Sri sat upright, drenched in cold sweat. Her ears were still ringing from the crash she had heard in her nightmare. The ticking of the clock and her loud exhalation were the only sounds that disturbed the morning peace. It was 6am.
"Another nightmare...", She sighed, wiping off the beads of sweat on her forehead.

Sri was only 14 years old when the accident took place. She still had nightmares of the horrid past, even after 6 years. How much she wished to go back in time and change everything! Only if she had prevented them from fighting...

She ran her fingers through her soft cheeks. They were drenched in tears. An involuntary sob left her lips. Her heart clenched more as she thought of that day. She hugged herself to provide some warmth to her shivering body. She kept on sitting on her bed for the next ten minutes before composing herself.

No one was there to support her. No one was there to hug her and whisper 'its okay.' No one was there to promise her a brighter future. She was alone. She was the only hope to herself. As time flowed, she learnt to cope with the harsh reality. She learned to comfort herself. She began promising herself a brighter future. She learned to love herself.

It was the first day of her work. Sri got neatly dressed in a light green attire and combed her dried hair into a messy bun. Some strands were left loose to give her a natural beauty. Makeup was not her thing, hence she saved some time. She worshipped her late parents and left her house.

---...-...-...---

T

he city of Daegu seemed a lot more chaotic that usual. The traffic was high and the footpath was crowdy. Maybe because it was a busy Monday morning or maybe people were just enjoying the warm sun.

"Unnie, will you play with me?" A familiar childish voice caught her attention. Sri turned around with joy evident on her face. She was fond of kids. "Hi Millie, How are you?"

The little one showed her full set of milk teeth. "I am fine! Now, can we please play?" The impatient soul began pulling her skirt. She was in no mood to converse. Game was what Millie was waiting for.

"I- Actually, I have an appointment today. I can't play with you dear. I promise to fulfil you wish tomorrow."

"Nooo, I want to play with you." Millie whined. She didn't know what was work. She only knew her friend was not ready to play with her. She got stubborn and pulled the older towards the park.

"Slow down! I will fall." Sri scolded but everything fell in deaf ears.

They entered the children's park. A lot of children were playing while the guardians chatted in groups. Laughter and giggles echoed through the place. Children were an epitome of genuine happiness. A land of children is no less than a heaven. Sri would rather spend her rest of the life around them. But not every wish is possible to become reality.

 But not every wish is possible to become reality