7. Impatience vs Comfort

the next chapters will contain a number of flashbacks. please make sure you remember what happened in the past chapters. it will help you. lastly don't forget to vote.

                                                                                                                                                   -Jeongsri💜

_______________________________________________________________________________

Sri and Taehyung remained frozen on their spots for the next few minutes. Her hands were still locked with Taehyung's. They were clueless. Where they would go? What they would do? Their living was snatched overnight.

"Taehyung, let's go. We shouldn't stay here any longer.", Sri finally mastered the courage to speak. Her voice was only loud enough for Taehyung to hear.

The addressed male kept looking at her blankly. He did not reply. Moreover, he had lost his voice. Sri understood what he wanted to say. It teared her up just to see that defeated look on his face. He was not that strong, cheerful husband from a night before. This single night messed up everything in their lives.

"It's not your fault". She placed her hands on his shoulder and rubbed in a comforting way, "The wheels will turn one day. We will take back everything from that shitty person. He will pay for this. I promise you. We just need to grab a perfect opportunity."

Taehyung blinked his eye and took a shaky breath.

"Remember, 2 negatives make a positive? We will return. We will take back what's ours and punish him for what he had done. He will be behind the bars. But for now, let's go, hmm?" She tried to be as gentle as possible.

Taehyung nodded at her proposal. He didn't know what else to do right now. His brain had stopped functioning. He obeyed his wife. He hopped she knew what she was doing. Sri was a strong and wise girl, he trusted her.

Sri took a last look around the house and inhaled sharply. She already had an attraction towards this house though she had hardly spent a year in this place. The huge mansion looked melancholic as if it wanted to prevent its owners from leaving. She could only imagine how Taehyung felt at this moment. They turned around to leave when John stopped them.

John fell on his knees and pleaded, "Its all my fault! I should have been careful. I don't even deserve to be forgiven." Tears rolled down his cheeks.

Taehyung was mute. He didn't even glance at him. He was busy dealing with this inner turmoil. Sri pulled John up to his feet and said, "Its not your fault. No one could have imagined that Jeongwoo will do such a thing."

John wiped his tears, "I am really sorry, Madam. Sir, please I am sorry."

"Its fine. We don't blame you." She smiled warmly.

John wiped off his tears and spoke, "Where will you go?"

"I still have my apartment. It might have changed into a haunted house by now, but we'll manage." She tried to ease the tension with a fake laughter.

"Let me come with you, Madam."

Her heart melted at his loyalty. He genuinely loved them. But he can't go with them, for his own good. "No, John, we won't be able to pay you." she forbade.

"I don't need money. I just want to serve you. Its my punishment for bringing misfortune in your lives."

"I've said that it was not your fault. Besides you have a family to feed. Do not punish your innocent children." She spoke with more authority this time. She didn't want John to suffer. He had sacrificed enough for them. She never blamed John for their misfortune. John was as clueless as them.