2. Positivity

Flashback contd:

Sri was transferred to an orphanage for specially challenged children. She stayed there until she was 18. She was a diligent girl. She exhausted all her father's savings in completing her college. She worked various jobs like waitress and cook, also as attendant in houses to earn her leaving.

* * * * *

End of Flashback

"WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME ALONE TO DIE?!" She cried at her parent's photo, while tears of anger and frustration streamed down her cheeks. She was leading a life of a living corpse. She felt like a cursed soul. She wondered what sin she had committed in her past life to deserve this kind of torture.

Flashback came rushing to her. Her heart ached in pain. She cried herself to sleep that night. She wished she could forget her past memories. She wished to become numb from the feelings. But it wasn't possible. Thus she hoped the next morning to be brighter.

Seems her time of happiness was not far. God finally noticed her.

The morning was bright as ever. The chirping woke Sri up from her sleep. Her head throbbed from crying last night but she needed to go to Taehyung's house. She dragged herself into the washroom and stood under the warm shower for the next ten minutes. She mentally groomed herself to be stronger. When she fell, she knew how to land. She could take care of herself. She wore a pink floral dress before heading to her work.

"Miss Sri.... Sir Kim wants you to do your duty both day and night. You are going to stay here. You will get your food and clothing here itself." John notified as soon as she got into the Kim mansion.

"But- " She was caught off guard at his sudden proposal.

"Your salary will be doubled."

She thought for a moment. She needed money because she wanted to go for higher studies. She would also get food and clothing here, it meant she could save her earnings. Besides she did not have any family to take care of. She was all alone at home, fighting against her past. It was a good offer to distract herself from the sorrowful life.

Sri nodded. "But I would like to go home for once in a week."

"Okay."

After talking with John, Sri took the breakfast to Taehyung's room. He was, as usual in his couch, tapping his fingers on the wooden handle and looking blankly outside the window.

 He was, as usual in his couch, tapping his fingers on the wooden handle and looking blankly outside the window

"Sir, here is your breakfast." Taehyung nodded and told her to keep it on the table. Sri stood there quietly while Taehyung ate the food.

"The food is tasty. Tell the cook she did well today." His voice was husky as usual. He enjoyed the delight in his taste buds.

Sri's lips curved to form a smile. "Actually, I am today's cook..."

"You- "He was about to say something but stopped himself. He recalled the previous day's incident about how she had reacted to him when he had doubted her ability. "I appreciate it. I would like to have your cooked food daily." He said with a smile. Taehyung felt giddy. It was weird for him. She reminded him of someone he missed a lot.

Sri blushed before leaving the room with an empty plate. She liked whenever someone praised her. She felt encouraged. Taehyung heard Sri's fading footsteps. He was again lost in his thoughts.

How can she be so perfect despite being blind? I am amused to see her confidence level. Unlike me, who always sits worthless in the house depending on my father's business and servants, she seems to live a life despite the hardships.

"Guess I should learn something from her...." He spoke monotonously followed by a sigh.

---...-...-...---

Taehyung signed the business documents while John stood beside him. "Sir, what do you find in Sri that you decided to keep her as your personal care-taker?"

Taehyung simply smiled without replying. It was difficult for John to read his expression. "Sir, I-I mean we could keep any normal girl instead of her, they could be more effective. After all- "

"John." Taehyung cut him off. He sounded low but firm. Anger was clear in his voice. "Sometimes you speak too much. By doubting her you are indirectly doubting me."

"I-I am sorry Sir. I didn't mean to- "

"Your work is done. You may take your leave." He clearly sounded offended. He was getting overly protective of someone whom he barely knew. It irked him if someone badmouthed Sri. She was the best person Taehyung had met in his whole life. She was definitely the light of hope in his world of darkness. God need not be so cruel to take her eyes. She deserved much better.

______________________________________________________________________________

See you in next chapter. 🥰💜

Jeongsri