Suddenly

The walk to the school was peaceful, the least Aurene could have expected. But what she hadn't expected was the glares and stares she was receiving along the hallway as she uncomfortably sauntered towards her classroom.

Only to meet threatening glares and smirks.

"Here comes the commoner!!"

'Commoner?'

Aurene ignored the whistles and cheers, walking straight towards her table.

Her vandalized table.

The girl silently traced her fingers over the carvings of the word 'commoner', as well as other black and red scribbling etched on the once smooth surface. 

Not anymore.

"Why- was it you guys?" Aurene changed her question, now facing all of her snickering classmates.

"What of it? Or is it you're too poor to buy another desk?" one piped up, curling her already-curled hair.

"You know, Grace. We don't really mind if you're a commoner since you've got a cute face," a boy walked towards her. 

The class president, Hwang Vino.

 "But since it's an order from the S Class, we've got no choice, you know?"

"Order?" Aurene squeaked out.

'What kind of order?'

"Were you so poor that you couldn't afford a phone to scroll through the school web?" the male mused, pulling out his phone.

Aurene backed away from Vino as he glowered down at her with his taller height.

"We'll make you regret choosing this school." the class president showed her the 'order' posted on the school web.

'I already am, though.'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instead of peacefully eating her lunch with Erika, the poor girl was forcefully dragged away by her long hair, courtesy of her giggling female classmates who reeked of perfumes.

Aurene was taken aback when they dragged her towards the cafeteria, but later realized their intention after seeing the crowd of spectators.

A public execution.

'Ugh, can they just let go of my hair now?'

"Guys, look at this commoner! The one who defiled our sacred school!" Vino shoved Aurene's head towards the ground.

'Ouch, that's going to leave a bruise.'

Aurene can't exactly make out what the male said next since there was a ringing sound resonating in her head, probably due to the previous bump. What she had expected really did happened, as the students began to throw anything in their reach.

'Just don't throw a knife, that will kill me!'

"Wait! You guys aren't playing this game well, aren't ya?" a woman suddenly butted in, stopping all of the students' actions.

Aurene wondered what caused the sudden interruption of torture as she glanced up, struggling against Vino's feet that pinned her to the ground. And what she saw almost made her choked on her own breath, as several students ushered a certain female towards her.

Erika.

Her only friend.

And what caught Aurene's eyes was the pail in her friend's hand that looked quite heavy.