Finding Erika (3)

Without any due, Gustang had called his driver to send the five of them to the outskirt of town, where the warehouses were located. By this time, the sky was ablaze with the fire of the setting sun, casting long shadows over the ground.

Getting out from the car, Gustang squinted and observed the old warehouses, searching for any other presence beside them.

"This place-" Eduan looked over the fence of barbed wires, casually touching the metallic lines, "-used to be abandoned, I think."

"How do you know that?" Jahad intervened, crossing his arms.

"Well, intuition."

"Seeing it's so quiet, it may be the case," Gustang speculated. So far, it's been too silent for his own liking, like a calm before the storm.

Aurene worriedly looked around, searching for the entrance. "Shouldn't we search for any way inside?"

Jahad snorted at the question. "Are you stupid? Do you break into people's place using their entrance? We'll get caught even before exploring the place."

"Then what should we do? Climb over the fence?" Aurene spat, exasperated with the male's remarks.

"I don't think that's a very good idea with these barbs," Gustang added. "Besides- Hon?" the brunette called out to the white haired man who indifferently walked towards the fence with his long hair gracefully flowing behind.

And the other four was totally dumbfounded when Hon slashed the fence apart, easily making a way in.

Aurene gaped at the male's competency of cutting through the steel fence even with a wooden sword. "That's.. amazing."

"I kinda forgot we had Hon with us today," Eduan smirked, going through the handmade gateway, Jahad and Gustang following after.

Hon glanced at the awe-stricken Aurene, snapping her out from her trance.

"After you."

"Eh? Oh. Thank you."

'His swordsmanship is really breathtaking...'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This place is too big to randomly search around, so why don't we split up first?"

'That's what Gustang said but,' Aurene side-glanced at the male beside her. '-this is so awkward!!'

She thought Gustang meant all five of them to split up, but instead they were split into three groups, in which Gustang somehow went by himself, the pair that literally screams destruction; Jahad and Eduan, and lastly herself with the stoic Arie Hon.

She honestly couldn't comprehend as to how they managed to pair together seeing that she was closer to Eduan like the white haired male is to Jahad, but they did.

True, she did think his ways with swords are beautiful, but that doesn't mean she minds being alone with him. Heck she even prefers to pair with Jahad if anything else.

"Grace?"

Aurene quickly snapped out of her thoughts at the mention of her name. "Ah, what is it, Arie?"

"...."

Aurene slightly fidgeted as a heavy silence settles over the two of them, with Hon openly staring at her with an unreadable expression. Not that she can read much all this time.