Finding Erika (2)

"That woman... she originally planned to wreck you from inside out before selling you to a certain organization," Mr. Hacker admitted, rubbing his sore hands after being released from the torture he'd been through.

The five students, especially Aurene gaped at the revelation. "Sell?!"

The man guiltily looked down. "Yea, we agreed on splitting the money obtained from selling you, but apparently she failed in bringing you right on time so she was taken instead."

"Ahh, those men that followed us?" Eduan voiced out in realization.

"Damn, this is really messed up," Jahad gritted.

"Let's not bother ourselves with that kind of woman already," Hon suggested, with Jahad and even Eduan agreeing.

Gustang worriedly glanced at the female, putting his hand on her tense shoulder. "What do you think, Aurene?"

Gustang couldn't count how many times he has been surprised with this girl as she turned to the four of them with a determined expression. "I'm still going after her."

"What are you, a simp?"

Aurene ignored Eduan's comment, turning to the man on the floor. "Mr. Hacker, may I know where this organization is located? Or possibly anything about them?"

The man sighed, looking even more guilty. "Tough luck, lady. It's an underworld organization."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So you're currently spying on the company that took that woman now?" Blossom confirmed from the other side. Voices of protests could be heard from the background as Gustang kept the phone away from his fragile ear.

"You guys don't have to wait for us and just go straight home. Aurene probably won't stop until she finds that woman," the brunette sighed, side-glancing his three friends peeking over the suspected building across them. Hon was leaning against the wall behind them, his wooden sword rested by his side.

"Wait there! I'm coming too!"

"No, you're not, Yurin."

Gustang heard shuffling sounds and guessed that the phone was passed around to where there was no Yurin.

"Since the situation is more complicated than we thought, please be more careful out there," V sternly reminded, but still cannot hide his worried tone.

"Of course, who do you think we are? No need to be paranoid!" Eduan chided in, leaving Jahad and Aurene assessing the place themselves.

A sigh was heard from the other line. "It's because of you guys that I'm being this paranoid.If it was anybody else, I probably wouldn't worry much."

"Anyway, Yurin is coming this way, so call for us if you need our help or something," Blossom added.

"Yea-"

"Gustang. Eduan," a soft voice called out.

"Hana?"

"Please, take care of Aurene..."

Gustang exhaled, a serious look adorned on his face. "Of course."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mr. Hacker told us this location, but how are we going to break in?" Aurene commented, still peeking over the wall.

"Oh? Finally interested in doing crimes?" Eduan smirked.

"It's not like we have any other choices here, anyway," Gustang added, also trying to figure out a new plan.

"Why don't we just-"

"We're not gonna kick open the door, Jahad."

Gustang squinted his eyes at any hints he could use, brainstorming at any other possibilities he could make out.

From the outside, the building looks quite normal and there are even pedestrians strolling along the street. There wasn't any sign indicates any illegal crimes like human trafficking.

"That fancy car looks suspicious," Hon suddenly pointed, and all eyes turned to see the said vehicle where there was a couple of men chatting nearby.

And Gustang lighted up at the pointer, suddenly dragging Aurene. "Come with me!"

"Wha- Gustang?!"

"Hey, Po Bidau Gustang-" Eduan's protesting voice was muffled as both Hon and Jahad held the blue haired male back, restraining him completely.

The two brunettes stopped just beside the car, and Aurene's breath hitched when Gustang boldly held her closer by the shoulder, his warmth overwhelming her tense being.

"Gustang?!" Aurene whimpered, still confused by the sudden action.

"Act more natural, or they'll notice it," the male whispered back.

"It?"

That was when Aurene noticed his phone sandwiched between their sides.

"-when should we move the girl?"

The female widened her eyes, realizing Gustang's intention. Albeit a bit reluctant, Aurene relaxed and pretended to nuzzle into Gustang's shoulder, successfully hiding the device and taking a peek at the two men in suits.

'Looks like we're on tracks after all,' the two thought simultaneously.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jahad mused as he watched the two brunettes rushing back into the alleyway while holding hands, as Hon released a pissed-off Eduan.

"Gustang, what the hell were you doing?!" Eduan fumed.

"Gathering information," Gustang nonchalantly replied back, though the glint in his eyes told them otherwise. "Turn out those men were from the organization, and they will be sent to carry their goods to someplace."

"Still, that can't-"

"Eduan, can you please shut up? I'm trying to figure out the location of the warehouse here!" Aurene scolded, clearly irritated by his outbursts. She was playing back the recorded conversation of the two men.

Jahad and Gustang professionally held back their laughter by biting on their lips even though their trembling figures gave them away, and the blue haired male held back the urge to punch the two. Who said that the Jahad and Po Bidau Gustang are always stoic and serious?

Hon who went to Aurene's side to also hear the stolen conversation strained his ears, catching bits and bits of exposed details.

"What's this about the warehouse?" Jahad asked, finally getting rid of his not-so-silent laughter.

"Apparently, they store their goods in some kind of warehouses, and only bring them out on the day the goods are sold at a place called Auction House," Gustang explained. "As the name suggests, it's where they this organization do their main business; auctioning precious and valuable items. And they were talking about moving a certain good, which is this evening."

"And that good is?" Eduan inquired.

"A girl with cream color hair."

"..."

Eduan widened his eyes in realization. "Does that mean.."

Aurene nodded, still holding tight on Gustang's phone. "If we can't save Erika from the warehouse this evening, she'll be sold at the Auction House tonight."