The Truth

"You're lying."

Jahad stayed silent for a while, observing Aurene's doubtful expression. "It's the truth. Tperie already checked it thrice."

"There's no way she would do that! She-" Aurene choked on a sob, refusing to let her mind on believing the statement. "I-I will go and ask her myself," the brunette decided, turning away from Jahad.

"What? No! The others are handling it, you just stay here-" Jahad grabbed the female's smaller wrist, only to be slapped away.

"Shut it. Try to stop me if you can."

"Oh? Now you've asked for it," Jahad grinned out of irritation. He's had enough with the whole ordeal right now. "I have a feeling from the start, that we both won't ever get along."

"Funny, I was thinking of the same thing."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Erika gaped at the glasses male at the far-fetched offer. Had her hearing gone bad after being bullied by the other students? Was this how Aurene felt when she transferred into the esteemed S Class?

"Oh, excuse me. That came out pretty different, so let me reword it," Gustang crossed his arms, eyes turning cold. "Are you that desperate to enter our class?"

Trepidation.

"It's the usual pattern, you know. Some brave idiots tricking our comrades into nominating them so that they can transfer to the S Class," Gustang continued, pacing around the room while eyeing the female.

Dread.

"It usually happens to our naïve members, after they put their full trust into that certain person-"

Terror.

"-when in fact, they were played into the trap. And coincidentally, our newest member is that kind of person."

Cold sweats trickled down Erika's neck, as she slowly averted her gaze from the handsome brunette.

"What do you mean?" Erika asked, hands fidgeting with the hew of her skirt.

This time, Hana chuckled, her smile never leaving her face. "Oh, Miss Erika. We already knew what you did. There's no need to play dumb now."

"The one who posted the news on the school web, was you, right?" Gustang concluded, now standing beside Hana.

"Wha- Why would I do that?" Erika abruptly stood up, "Besides, I won't be able to hack through the school web-"

"I didn't say anything about hacking," Gustang scoffed. It was too obvious from the female's reaction. "Perhaps you know about someone who can?"

"No! It's- I.."

"Let's just stop with this farce why don't we?" Hana sighed. To think that Aurene thought of such a person as a friend, Hana grimaced just at the thought of Aurene being near this person. "You probably wouldn't want to get near Aurene after this, because if you do.."

The cream haired female didn't need to hear the rest of the sentence, knowing fully well what were to happen once a person gets onto the S Class' bad side. 

Ironically, that person was her.

Erika stayed silent even after Gustang and Hana left, trembling and clenching her skirt out of frustrations.

"Just... just a little bit, I could have... Ugh!!" the female grabbed the nearest pillow before throwing it to to the door, the image of Gustang's chilling gaze and Hana's pitying eyes still etched into her mind.