EXTRA 1: Plot Summary

Rylan is born on a space station that travels through time. She is cloned at 15 along with a girl-like-her and others ages 5, 10, 20, and so on. Their head mistress, Lady Aylin, comes from the far future, and tells them they must go back in time to stop the heat death of the universe. Rylan is assigned an apartment, and an omnisphere, a device made from liquid metal that can turn into numerous futuristic tools. During her 3-month training period she learns about the space station, its society, and how time travel works. We learn that it is an only female society where clones are discriminated against based on their age. As long as clones stay aboard the station, they can live forever.

Rylan and Zoe (the girl-like-her) go on a mission together along with their mentors Soma and Theo. In 2012, they disguise themselves as high school students and must make Gregory Shader accept his scholarship to MIT. They continue to fail and must go back in time 3 weeks prior to try again. On their 4th attempt something happens and they barely escape with their lives. A student, Jake Fallon, a teacher, Ms. Carla, and an officer, Martin Brady, are time agents like themselves. These 'anti-agents' hack their omnispheres and the four cannot return to the space station until they are defeated.

Through a series of events they continue fighting these anti-agents while Zoe becomes more attached to life on earth. Eventually they defeat the anti-agents, capture Jake, and reconnect with the station. Zoe leaves, choosing to be a high school student instead of returning with them. Lady Aylin orders Jake to be brought aboard and for Soma to vaporize Zoe. Rylan tries to stop Soma but accidentally vaporizes her. Believing the anti-agents to be behind all this, Rylan takes Jake's omnisphere to warp to where he came from. She discovers there is another space station with male and female clones and robots geared for war. Rylan is gassed and taken to the station's overseer, Lady Aylin.

We learn there was split in the time stream creating 2 stations with 2 Lady Aylins. This Other Aylin learned of Rylan's station and has been sabotaging its missions from the shadows. Other Aylin wants Rylan to put a tracker on Lady Aylin's station in exchange for Zoe's safety. Rylan agrees and is warped back to her station. Rylan breaks into the control room and places the tracker but is captured by Lady Aylin. She belittles Rylan for trying to save someone who would die from old age (Zoe). Lady Aylin says there is no value in anything if it does not last. There's a loud bang and the station shakes.

In 2082 and elderly Zoe sees the two station's crash in the open desert. There's a huge battle and Rylan learns Other Aylin's intentions are not so benevolent. Rylan has to choose between the future of humanity or the annihilation of the clones. Rylan choses a third option which erases Other Aylin, Lady Aylin, and Rylan herself from existence. Rylan's sacrifice saves the clones allowing them to live their own lives. Zoe visits the graves of her friends that passed away. She passes an empty area of grass and places a rose on the ground. Her last memory of Rylan as she goes to celebrate the life she had given her.