[Prologue]

"M-mom p-please don't l-leave me. L-let me save you." Miyeon said between her loud sobs. Witnessing her mother's death right in front of her eyes while she could do nothing, broke the young girl's heart into numerous pieces.

She wasn't yet ready to see her mother off.

Nobody was.

That's how usually deaths occur.

Unexpected and tragic.

"No dear, don't waste your ability. Don't fall sick trying to save me. The price is heavy you know it. This ability is a gift. Polish is hard as if it's your sword while I'm gone." Mrs. Yoon spoke caressing her daughter's soft hairs while counting the final seconds of her life lying on the death bed.

"How can you leave me like this? When I need you the most? I still don't know what to do with this ability." Her sobs became louder. She firmly held onto the fabric that was wrapped around her mother's body.

"Silly girl. I'll be here to protect you always. I'll be watching over you. I'll be alive in everyone's heart. In your memories Miyeon. Don't cry too much okay? Always control your anger. Remember, it's the only thing that can take over you and destroy you. You've to take over it, don't let it take over you. This ability is a blessing. Use it to help humanity, not to cause destruction. Understand my daughter?"

"Mom please stop talking. You aren't going anywhere. Y-you can't leave without seeing me and Miyeon grow up and marry and have beautiful children." Hot tears were constantly flowing down from Jeonghan's cheeks like a waterfall. He squeezed his mother's cold hands, bringing warmth to them despite knowing the fact that it was all pointless.

"Jeonghan-ah take care of your sister and father. Get a girlfriend, will you?" Mrs. Yoon let out a small chuckle while she abruptly coughed blood.

"Lastly, I love you all. My dear family, thank you f-for every-"

The heart meter made a final beep sound with a straight line.

Her heart had stopped beating.

All Jeonghan saw was her mother lying on the hospital bed with her eyes closed peacefully yet so exquisite and appealing, as if she was the most perfect portrait an artist could ever create.

The pitch black eyes that always had a deep unexplainable affection inside them will never open to see the lights of the world again; this thought shattered the young man's heart into a thousand pieces.

Soon his vision became more blurry as he saw his sister faint shortly after screaming the last word 'mom'.

He had a strong urge to do something but he couldn't do anything except for staring at the beautiful figure of his late mother, with eyes overloaded with tears of sorrow and emptiness.

His hands were cuffed with the cruel fate of cancer. He felt helpless.

--------------------

helloww Carats and seventeen fans! This is my first seventeen ff so I'm nervous aF. My writing style is very childish so please bear with it.(A/N lobes yall)

The story plot might be a bit hazy now but you'll soon understand everything.

Please stay tune to my updates. If you like it then do vote and leave a comment down below. Don't just be a silent reader. Hope you'll like it.

Have a nice day everyone!

Thanks luv yall<3

Warning: this might contain slangs, cringe, childish jokes, violence.