[twenty-five]

Goodbye

His body laid there unconsciously. It looked like he was having a peaceful sleep in the midst of this chaos. She collapsed next to him, tears of disbelieve and tremendous pain rolling down her cheeks and falling on the ground with a soft feeble sound. Sirens were heard. Someone had called the police. Within a flash, loud footsteps vibrated the surface and the hunters were handcuffed. It was the end of their dirty game of life and death.

But none of those mattered to her.

Her frozen fingertips brushed gingerly against his pale skin and gradually to his chocolate brown locks. The surface of green grasses around him had been soaked in his blood. "W-why? Why?" Loud gasps and sobs exploded from her mouth. "Please wake up. Open your eyes." She delicately shook the male's lifeless body; cautious with every movement since she didn't want to cause any more pain.

He didn't answer.

As every second passed, he was loosing more blood; his pulse rate was dropping drastically and his heartbeat was fainting. He was slowly drifting away from this world. Her powers were useless and became nothing at that point. A pair of hands lifted Miyeon off the ground. "Jeonghan why isn't he waking up?" A sigh of misery made its way out of the older's throat while he spoke.

"It's too late."

All of her friends whom she didn't consider less than a part of her own, couldn't help but shed tears at the tragic sight.

"No it's not."

Being well aware of the fact that he couldn't be saved anymore, Jeonghan stared questionably at the younger with a blurry vision. "What do you mean?" His firm grip on her waist weakened as she began to walk ahead. "I'm gonna make things right I promise." She muttered. Nobody understood what she had said. Her knees plummeted on the solid ground while her hands clasped together tightly.

"If you can hear my call, then please."

The desperation in her tone rose to a phenomenal scale. She was praying solemnly for an ultimate miracle to happen.

A miracle that could change everything.

"Please help me save him. Please help me. Please." She pleaded again and again, but nothing came in response except for the sound of the wind blowing roughly.

For a moment, everyone excluding her forgot that Miyeon was blessed with supernatural. So they thought she had gone crazy and took it as an act of useless attempt.

Until something magical happened.

It was the most fairytale-like scene they ever witnessed or even imagined.

Intense light radiated from the moon and centred all around her. A divine spirit with wings of milk white feathers and long gray hairs effortlessly floated in the night sky.

She had the same crescent moon mark as Miyeon, imprinted on her forehead. She had bloody red eyes. Flickering rays of light and a great unnatural aura reflected from her heavenly body; as if it was an actual paradise.

Undoubtedly, she was the moon spirit.

Their jaw dropped as she landed right infront of Miyeon and flapped her celestial wings gloriously. None could believe what they were seeing. To them, it utterly felt like a dream from where they'd wake up any moment. Miyeon rubbed her eyes repeatedly to confirm the reality. It was astounding and unreal even for her.

Her guardian was here.

She heard her call and she was real.

Finally, she could see a glimmer of hope.