16

When you woke up, you yawned, blinking open your eyes as you tried to stretch your body out but couldn't, soon realising that a pair of arms were wrapped tightly around your waist. You turned your head, seeing Kenma's sleeping face right beside yours. "Huh..?" You mumbled, confused. Kicking your feet in an attempt to get out of his hold and sit up, you felt a weight around your ankle and heard a light clinking sound. Your eyebrows furrowed as you forced yourself away from Kenma and pulled the blankets off your body, your eyes widening as your body froze. Your gaze was fixated straight on the chain now on your leg. "What is this?" You reached to grab at the chain, yanking at it hard. The movements and sounds caused Kenma to stir and wake, he yawned, sitting up beside you. "What are you doing?" He asked, moving closer to you to grab your hands that were still pulling at the chain. "What is this, Kenma? Take it off." You said, looking over at him. "No, sorry. I can't do that.." He replied, shifting to get off the bed and stand. "What do you mean you can't? What's this for? Where's Hinata?" You whined and followed him off the bed, the chain hit the floor with a soft thud. "I can't. Not until you understand that you're not allowed to leave. We're scared that you're gonna run off.." Kenma said, walking away towards the  bedroom door as he stretched.  "And Hinata.. I'm not sure. Maybe he went somewhere. He'll be back soon, I'm sure."

As Kenma walked out of the room, you tried to follow but the chain constricted your movement and you were just able to touch the frame of the door. You couldn't go any further, the chain wouldn't allow you, it was too short. "Kenma! What are you talking about? I thought I was going to go home today." You called out. The boy was in the bathroom but he had left the door open just wanting to listen out for you. He didn't answer though but simply continued on with what he was doing. "I'm going to take a shower, Y/N. Did you want one?" He said after a few minutes, breaking the silence. "No." Was your reply as you turned to sit on the bed, trying to break off the chain by pulling and banging it against the hardest things you could reach in the room. That included the bed posts, the nearby drawers and even the support beam itself that it was attached to. You knew it was hopeless but you were desperate and just wanted to get off and out of the chain. Kenma had started to shower and your attempt at escaping the thick chain that kept you there in the bedroom only lasted for a few minutes before you gave up. You sat as close as possible to the door, your knees pressed against your chest as you hugged your legs close to you. Just a couple tears had rolled down your cheeks as you sobbed quietly. You were obviously scared, you didn't know that Kenma and Hinata were never intending to scare you as much as they did, the last thing they ever wanted was for you to hate them. They were never going to cause harm to you, they loved you so why would they?

You heard a door open and loud steps approach as you lifted your head to see Hinata bouncing towards you. He was grinning, holding a small bag containing what looked like food of some sort. He stopped in front of you and kneeled down, leaning forward to press a small kiss on your forehead before he frowned. "Why are you crying? Are you okay?" He pouted. You smiled a bit, having felt relieved to not be alone anymore. Your thoughts of the chain in your mind had gone, in those minutes of being by yourself, you realised you now hated being alone and seeing Hinata had made you genuinely happy. "Hinata." You softly said, your hands moving to wipe at your face, clearing the tears away. "I'm just happy you're here.." Hinata smiled back at your words and stood again, holding the bag he had out to show you. "I've got breakfast. Wanna eat?"

Kenma had now gotten out of the shower, a towel draped across his shoulders as he came up to stand beside Hinata. "That's where you went. Let's have breakfast after you had a shower, eh?" Kenma said and raised an eyebrow, looking over the other boy. It was then you let yourself properly look at Hinata. The orange head was drenched in sweat, his white shirt he had on had dark splotches across it and his hair was pushed back. He was also wearing a pair of black shorts and socks. Was he.. working out?  You quickly looked away, feeling shy. You had to admit he looked hot.