19

It had been a few days since the incident involving Inuoka had happened. The three of you had made it safely back to the apartment. The boys had chained you almost immediately and you stayed locked in the bedroom unless you needed the bathroom. They closed the bedroom door too when they went out. You could hear them talking out in the kitchen, hushed whispers of plans of what they needed to do since they got found out. You heard them saying that their identities were now revealed and word had spread. You laid on the bed, hands wrapped around a pillow, holding it close to your body. It was dark, cold and lonely. Just when you thought it had gotten better and they were spending more time with you, everything just came crashing down and now they weren't paying attention to you at all. Yes, they still let you go to the bathroom and they came in to give you food or a drink but they didn't spend much time just being there with you and even though you knew it wasn't "normal" to be thinking this way, you wanted to be with them. You wanted their attention and love. You craved it after lacking it for so long.

It was just another night, you laid on the bed, your hands shifting and moving across the cold bedsheets as you chewed lightly on your lower lip. You felt and heard small rumbles from your stomach. It was growling. You were hungry. The boys had gone early in the morning, leaving a plate of food with your breakfast on it for you. Luckily you hasn't eaten everything off the plate so you hadn't need to go toilet throughout the day but now it was dark and the sun had slowly disappeared from the sky about a hour or so ago. You were hungry again and now needed to use the bathroom. The uncomfortable pressure on your lower stomach was urgent and growing painfully as you sat up, getting out of the bed and walking towards the door, the chain dragging behind you with an all too loud thud. "Where are they? Dammit." You grunted and tried to reach out towards the door. The tips of your fingers could barely reach the knob of the bedroom door, the chain restricting you from actually being able to grasp it. You gritted your teeth and was about to let yourself sink down to the floor before you heard the familiar click of the front door and the pair of footsteps now coming into the apartment. "Kenma? Hinata? Is that you? Please let me out! I need to go toilet!" You shouted. It didn't take long before the door was opened and there stood the two boys you were so relieved to see. "Y/N, I'm so sorry. Let's go." Kenma said and moved to reach inside his pants pocket and pull out the key. He unchained you and then guided you towards the bathroom.

Once you had finished, you walked out and was greeted by Hinata wrapping his arms around you. His face pressed against your chest as he breathed in your scent, grinning. "Y/N-chan, are you hungry? I got cake!" He said and stepped back, pointing towards the table that had a small box on it which you could only imagine that cake was inside. You smiled a little and soon looked over the two boys. Now with a clear view of the two of them, you realised they were wearing different clothes from this morning. Curious, you opened your mouth to ask. "Huh? Why are you guys wearing different clothes?" You said and pulled at the shirt Hinata was wearing, it was only then that you noticed he had dirt smudged across his cheek and when he grabbed your hand to led you to the table (in an attempt to change the subject and distract you) , you noticed that his hands were quite dirty too. "What have you been doing?" You lifted your head to see that Kenma had now shoved his hands into his pockets and looking away to avoid eye contact. "Hinata, I-" You were cut off as the orange haired boy sat you down into the chair and opened the box. "Chocolate cake, surprise! It's supposed to be really sweet. Well that's what the lady at the shop said." He smiled and went into the kitchen, washing his hands before returning with a knife. He cut a piece off and handed it to you on a small plate. "Wait, Hinata.. w-" You tried to talk again but Hinata placed a fork in your hand, chuckling. "Dig in, Y/N! You have the first taste and tell me how it is! I got it just for you anyways."

You frowned and decided to just keep quiet about it for now, taking a bite from the cake. "Oh! It's good."
"Really? Awesome." Hinata grinned and moved closer towards you. He bent over the table to press a light kiss on the tip of your nose. His breath was warm against your face and you blinked, focusing back onto the cake as you blushed lightly.

As you had finished the piece of cake, Hinata had gone into the bathroom to take a shower, leaving Kenma to be with you alone. The blond sat beside you at the table and was eating his own piece of cake, his phone in his hand. It didn't seem like he was playing any games though which was something you hadn't seen him do in a long time. His finger was just sliding across the screen vertically, probably scrolling through something. "Uh.. Kenma..?" You mumbled and the boy looked up, placing his phone down onto the surface of the table. "Yes?"
"Where's.. Kuroo? Have you talked to him?" You tilted your head, lifting the empty fork into your mouth to chew on it a bit.
Kenma flinched at the mention of that certain name but soon shrugged. "Not really."
"Oh. Why not?"
"I don't know."
You frowned at that and turned away, a bit upset he was acting standoffish. "I was just asking."
"Yeah well.. don't." Kenma clicked his tongue, placing his phone upon the table. You let your eyes drift over to the screen of his phone and saw he had been scrolling through news articles about the three of you. There were two clear pictures of Kenma and Hinata right under the headline 'Missing girl hasn't been seen again since Saturday night' , you noticed the pictures they used of the boys were their school photos. They looked nice, in their uniform and Hinata's bright smile made a small smile tug on your own lips before you snapped out of that small daydream, remembering what Kenma had just said to you. "What?" You responded, looking up at the blonde who was now standing up. "What did you just say?" You repeated. "You heard me. Just stop talking." He grunted, turning away to walk off towards the couch in the farthest part of the room. "No, Kenma. Why are you talking to me like that?" You followed the boy, standing from the table to go over towards him. Kenma sat down on the couch and pulled his knees up against his chest, sighing as he watched you come over. "Because you're annoying." Kenma replied and bit the inside of his cheek, chewing on it lightly. "I'm.. what? What are you talking about?" You shook your head, confused. "What's wrong, Kenma?" You crouched to reach over and touch the boy but he harshly slapped your hand away before you got the opportunity to try and comfort the other. "Ow. What the hell was that for?" You stood up, anger was taking over the sympathy in your body quickly. Kenma didn't answer you, just tucking his head low to hide his face. "Kenma! Don't just sit there! Don't forget this never would have happened, if you left me alone. You creep!" You yelled. Hinata was fast on his feet, running to wrap his arms around your waist and pull you away from the other boy. "Hey, hey Y/N. It's alright.. let's just leave him." He tried to soothe the tension that was running high in your body. Your anger quickly dissipated into regret and sadness once your attention focused on Hinata's face. "I'm.. I'm sorry." You looked down and clenched your fists on the side of your body before you pulled yourself free from his arms, walking towards the bedroom to be alone.

A few weeks had passed and nothing had changed between you and Kenma. He actually actively avoided you and you avoided him. He hadn't came up to apologise to you so being stubborn, why would you go talk to him? If anything he should be the one to apologise especially because in your eyes, he was the one who started this whole mess. Stupid boy.