20.

[ hey there, minor nsfw in this chapter :) ]

One morning you had found yourself not chained to the pillar, your feet were free.. and so were your arms. "Huh?" You mumbled, sitting up groggily. A yawn escaped you as you blinked open your eyes. Your hand lifted to push the few strands of hair out of your face before sitting up completely in bed. The mattress beneath you felt light and when you turned your head, you noticed both of the boys weren't there. That wasn't a surprise though, you had gotten used to being alone when waking after all these months had passed but lately Hinata had been sleeping with you so this was the first morning he wasn't with you in the past few weeks. Kenma still hadn't talked much to you either and he slept out on the couch every night and you being stubborn didn't even care. You had Hinata so it was fine.. right?

You stretched out and slowly stood from the bed, making your way outside of the bedroom. The sight of Kenma greeted you in the kitchen and you clicked your tongue, huffing as you passed by, needing to go to the toilet. "Breakfast is ready." You heard the blonde say as you glanced quickly back over to him before entering the bathroom. You didn't reply. You came outside once finished and stood just a few feet away from Kenma as you watched "It's ready?" You mumbled, squinting towards the plate that looked like it had some omelette on it with rice. "Yeah. Eat." Kenma grunted and you pouted, already upset by his attitude. It had been nearly a month since your somewhat 'argument' so why was he still acting like this? "Where's Hinata?" You asked as you stepped to take the plate and sit down. "He's gone out to get some food."
"Oh." You nodded and took a bite of the omelette, it was soft and tasted so good and a smile uncontrollably crossed your face as you hummed happily. The food had brightened your mood immediately. "Thanks.. Kenma. This is really good."

Kenma nodded and sat across from you as he ate from his own plate. He kept his eyes on you though the entire time and it didn't go unnoticed. The back of your neck slowly grew red in heat as you became embarrassed, the minutes ticking by as the two of you ate in silence. It was getting uncomfortable with his eyes just focused on you. "Is there something on my face?" You coughed, having finished your food. Your hand holding the fork tapped the surface of the table as you looked up at the boy, waiting and expecting him to answer which he did. Kenma shook his head and set his own utensils down. "No. I'm just sorry." He apologised and stood up. He clenched his jaw, inhaling deeply. "I didn't mean to do whatever.. this is." He muttered, shrugging as his eyes shifted away from your face finally. "I just.. ugh. I was just stressed about everything.. and took it out on you. Hearing Kuroo's name pissed me off.. not at you. Or him. Just myself. I should of just talked to him but I didn't and now look where that has gotten us. Fuck." He bit down on his lip, frustrated.

You watched him closely and slowly stood to step over towards him. "It's okay.. I'm alright." You said as you lifted both your hands to gesture towards yourself, giggling a bit. "See? In one piece." Kenma looked back at your words, the smallest smile on his lips. "Yeah. You're right." He nodded before he pointed towards your empty plate. "Pass it over. I'll do the dishes." He said and you raised an eyebrow, shaking your head. "Nope. You cooked so I'll do the dishes. It's not much anyways." You reached and grabbed his plate and cutlery before he could reject the offer. Kenma froze for half a second, soon letting you take the dishes to the sink to be washed.

Filling the sink with hot water and soaping it up with dish liquid, you hummed happily, starting to wash the dishes. It only took a couple minutes to clean everything and leave them in the rack to dry. Ten minutes max. Pulling the plug to drain the water from the sink, you turned around to head back to the bedroom but Kenma stood right behind you. You jumped, eyes wide as you screamed. "What the hell? You scared me!" You laughed, wiping your wet hands on a nearby towel that hung nearby on the oven door. Kenma let a few deep chuckles out and you felt light tingles run through your body at the sound of them. It was.. good. That sound. You liked it. You cleared your throat, turning towards him. "Were you there the whole time?" You tilted your head, Kenma just nodded, golden eyes trained on you as you slowly moved to go towards the bedroom. He stopped you though, reaching out to grab your wrist before you could even leave the kitchen. "Hm? What is it?" You asked, worry building up inside of you, thinking that something was on his mind and he wanted to talk. Kenma tightened the grip on you and gave a tug causing you to stumble towards him. He caught you, holding you against him, his free arm wrapped around your waist as he pressed his lips against yours. You couldn't help but let out a small squeak of surprise but soon relaxed as you kissed him back.