ii. The Veela & The English Girl

two the veela & the english girl

AS THE JOURNEY PROGRESSED, everyone talked about what they wondered Hogwarts would be like, or what they already knew about it.

Lucy didn't know much, apart from the fact that her uncle taught there the previous school year, until he resigned at the end to prevent the Headmaster from receiving public backlash for hiring a werewolf, and to prevent students from being accidentally bitten or killed.

Lucy was extremely close with her Uncle Remus, she saw him often around Christmas and he always turned up for her birthday in the summer. Lucy had been raised by her mother to believe that he was the kindest man in the world, and told Lucy she should never feel like she'd have to be afraid of him just because he was a werewolf — and so, she wasn't phased by that fact. Okay, maybe she was a bit. But she wasn't afraid of him hurting her — that was the part her mother had emphasised on the most.

Not to mention, Remus had always been there to help his big sister and his niece as much as he could. In fact, he'd almost raised Lucy alongside her mother.

But, when Remus was away, it was only Lucy and her mother, Ella, in their household. She never knew her father, as he was killed in the First Wizarding War for trying to protect his friends. In fact, he was the one trying to stop Lord Voldemort from entering their home. It wasn't just Lily and James Potter that died that night, it was also Lucy's father - all because he wanted to defend his friends. She'd heard a whole lot about him, too - her mother always filled her in. She had to make sure Lucy's dad wouldn't be forgotten, whether the girl could remember him or not.

In fact, Lucy learned from her mum and uncle that she and her dad shared many personality traits and qualities, such as their sense of humour, their ambition and their self assurance. She even looked like him, both of them sharing the same beach blonde hair and similar facial features. Lucy liked knowing this - she wished she could've known her father, but learning she was a lot like him herself was probably the closest she could get. He was a part of her, whether he was alive or not.