ix. Game On, Diggory

nine game on, diggory

"Don't stress about it, girly," said Fleur. The blonde best friends were currently sitting in Transfiguration, and were supposed to be revising the Incarcerous Spell - but, they had gone over this last year, and both knew it off by heart, leaving them basically a free lesson of chatting whilst those who found the charm difficult practiced. Lucy had just finished a long rant about the previous encounter with Verity, and Fleur wasn't happy. "We all know what she's like - and anyway, I bet Diggory was more weirded out, than anything. He's not stupid, he is the Hogwarts Champion,"

"Yeah, I know he's not stupid, but still," Lucy replied glumly. "Verity's charm works on everyone, we know that. I'm not trying to be jealous, or anything, but it's annoying. It's like we're the only ones who see what she's really like,"

"Ah, I bet we're not, though," said Fleur. "Everyone usually reacts the same, and as harsh as it sounds, the majority are often two faced. I mean, look at us - we're quite fake, in all fairness, but that's only to keep the peace because it's our last year. Nobody wants to fight their friends what with our exams, and you now being a Champion on top of it,"

"We wouldn't catch a break," Lucy nodded, her lips curving upwards as a sheepish expression fell over her face.

"Exactly!" Fleur said brightly, glad to get even the smallest smile out of her best friend. "And yet, to everyone else, we're a tightly knit four. Nobody knows the full story, do they? So it's the same with anyone else. And I can guarantee, one conversation with Verity isn't going to make Cedric stop being friends with you,"

Lucy nodded her head again, however she did not speak the current thoughts running through her mind - because, to her, it was still shitty. Call her a pessimist, she won't care, but it is. She knew Cedric wasn't a toy, or anything, but it was nice having someone she'd managed to form a friendship with, without the involvement of Verity. It was nice having something to herself. And, if that makes her selfish, then fuck it, she'll be selfish.