iv. Champion... Quartet?

four champion... quartet?

LUCY'S FRIENDS WERE waiting for her when she got back, and boy, didn't she have a lot to tell them.

She walked through the dormitory entrance, greeted by yells and squeals from her best friends who enthusiastically rushed over to her, telling her how excited they were for her. Fleur wrapped her in a tight squeeze as she stepped forward, heading for her bed so she could sit down and explain everything that had happened.

"Isn't it amazing?!" Misty beamed. "Oh, I'm so happy for you, you're going to be amazing!"

"And you're going to win," Fleur said, with a smile. "Without a doubt. Our Lucy will beat those boys by a mile,"

"Of course," Lucy joked, before saying, "I have so much to tell you all!"

"What happened with the Potter boy?" Verity said. "His name came out of the Goblet! I mean, two Hogwarts champions, could they be more biased?! Is he competing?"

"I think so," Lucy said, slowly, still unsure and confused at what was going on. "Crouch made it sound that way..."

"They could have twelve champions each from Durmstrang and Hogwarts and you'd still beat them," Misty said, beaming at the girl. Lucy broke into a smile.

"You're sweet," Lucy told her. "And right, of course," she added, with a playful hair flick.

The news that the Potter boy would also be competing in the tournament spread like wildfire, and it wasn't long before Hogwarts broke into conflict, for some reason going against one of their own champions. Lucy thought this was pretty stupid of them - surely they should be more supportive, now that they, in theory, have a bigger chance of winning. She and her friends for sure did not understand the students of Hogwarts one bit. They'd even made badges that supported Cedric and insulted the Potter boy - they weren't playing any games at all.