iii. Champion Trio

three champion trio

three champion trio

AFTER RETURNING TO Beauxbatons' huge carriage for the night, Lucy and her friends headed straight for their beds. Unlike at school, where Lucy was used to sharing with just Fleur, the dormitories in the carriages was a room of four, meaning both Misty and Verity would be joining them - which the two blondes didn't mind, truth be told.

After hours of lying, chatting, and sniggering silently after having Madame Maxime knock on their door twice to tell them go to to sleep, one by one, they all dropped off.

The next day, Fleur, Lucy, and surprisingly Verity as well, were up bright and early, Beauxbatons parchment with their names on in hand, eager to head to the Goblet of Fire and place them inside it. Of course, Misty would be joining them, but knew for sure her name was going nowhere near that goblet. No way.

Luckily for them, they no longer had to wear their silk travel attire, which they'd learned did not go well with Scotland's cold weather, as they'd spent their time the previous day shivering. Instead they dressed themselves in their everyday uniform - a light blue buttoned up classic collar above a knee length dress, sealed under a light blue blazer with dark blue trimming on the edges, the Beauxbatons emblem embroidered on the left pocket, with dark blue stockings and shoes. Best of all - that god awful hat was now optional.

After having breakfast in what Lucy had now learned was called the 'Great Hall', the Beauxbatons students had their first two lessons with their teachers in their school carriage. In all fairness, nobody was able to concentrate today, for everyone was distracted by the excitement of the tournament. Lucy was itching to go to the Goblet of Fire and place her name in, and she couldn't rest until she did so.

Eventually, they made it to the hall and all three girls - Fleur, Lucy and Verity, placed their names in the goblet, Misty watching with a wide, encouraging smile. Fleur and Lucy had always agreed with each other that if either one of their names came out, the other would be supportive without any negativity or bitterness. They'd never let a tournament come between them, full stop. Lucy didn't know what was going through Verity's mind, though, and how she'd behave if one of her friends got chosen instead of her. She could only hope she'd be just as supportive.