vii. Blonde Ambition

 seven blonde ambition

THE SECOND WHISTLE sounded, and Lucy's heart seemed to set off in a frenzy, beating faster than it had ever done before.

"One down, three to go!" she heard Bagman hell. "Miss Lunette, if you please!"

The blonde could feel herself trembling from head to toe, before holding her head high, and clutching her wand. She glanced back towards the other two Champions, one last time. Krum had his head to the floor. Harry gave her a nod, as though attempting a warm way of encouragement. She smiled at him, and nodded in return.

But, her face resumed its stone cold expression as she turned to the door of the tent.

She couldn't believe she'd be going up against a dragon. A dragon. It was like she was stuck in some kind of fairytale - like Alice in Wonderland. Alice had to fight the Jabberwocky. How had she done it? She'd killed it with the Vorpal Sword... yeah, that wasn't going to help Lucy out so much, in her case...

"Come on, Luce," she muttered to herself.

She counted to three - and stepped out.

The Welsh Green had it's back to her, at first, eyeing up the audience as though wondering what they were going to do, instead. The blonde took three steps forward, and her eyes flicked about the enclosure. There was a rock to her right she might be able to hide behind.

The sudden noise of the girls footsteps caught the Welsh Greens attention, and the girl practically threw herself at the rock, the dragon just missing the moment where the Beauxbatons girl dived. Lucy was already breathing heavily - she needed to keep herself in line.

The Goblet of Fire didn't choose you for nothing, she told herself. You, of all people in your school, are the most capable. That's why you were picked. Don't let yourself down, now.

But, the dragon had caught sight of her, and she was greeted with the swing of a huge green tail that she'd (luckily) managed to spot just in time, and jumped, letting it crash into the rock behind her. Lucy didn't take any chances, now.