v. The Advantage

 five the advantage

five the advantage

FOUR FULLY GROWN, enormous, vicious-looking dragons were rearing on their hind legs inside an enclosure fenced with thick planks of wood, roaring and snorting - torrents of fire were shooting into the dark sky from their open, fanged mouthes open wide at wizards keeping them tamed.

"Ah, c'est manifique!" said Maxime.

"Est-ce?" Lucy said, eyes widened.

Holy shit.

Dragons was the first task? What was Lucy going to do? She was good at duelling, and knew many spells -  but she highly doubted she'd be doing a duel with the huge beast. She'd have to figure something out with Fleur and Misty... and Verity, too, she guesses...

Hold on - this wasn't fair. Lucy was the only champion to know about this, she was at an advantage. Her expression turned from astonished to annoyed when she soon realised she was at an advantage to the other three. She wanted to win with it being fair. She wanted to win properly, not cheating. Ugh, this wasn't fair! Why did Maxime feel like she had to give her a head start? Did she not think she was fully capable herself?

Madame Maxime, for some reason, wanted to get closer. She told Lucy to stay put, though, because apparently she didn't want her Champion getting damaged before the first task - or something like that, anyway.

"Dragons?!"

Lucy looked to her left and let out a sudden yell, as before her floated Harry Potter's headwearing a terrified look.

"What the f-?!" she began, stopping herself considering she was currently with a Hogwarts teacher. The boy glanced her way carelessly, before looking back to Hagrid. "What is- Wha- Why is your head just floating-?! What?!" the blonde stuttered.

Harry removed what seemed to be a thin material, and Lucy's face relaxed with realisation. So, he had some kind of 'Invisibility Cloak'. Sick.