Chapter 5: The Graveyard and the Tea

After you got back from the church, you went straight to sleep and tried to forget about it, but you couldn't do that. Yui would be shocked if you told her, but the truth couldn't be hidden and you couldn't hide her from it. 

"Okay, (Y/N)... Just take deep breaths and tell her..." You walked around the rose garden as you knew Yui was picking roses and making a bouquet. You then found her cutting the rose by using the scissors happily. 

You went close to her, she looked up as she noticed someone close by. "Oh, (Y/N)! How are you feeling? I hope you feel better." She smelled the rose while talking with you. She then noticed the sad looks on you. "(Y/N)... Are you okay? Your face looks..."

.

.

.

"You and Bitch chan were offered up to us as sacrifices... by the very church you both have such faith in." 

.

You remembered what Laito said, you took deep breaths before you squatted down to her height. "Yui... Laito has told me something."

"Oh. What is it, (Y/N)?" Yui questioned, smiling. 

"He said that... the one who sent us to come here is the people of the church." 

Yui's look turned into shock and disbelief, she then asked you shakily. "That can't possibly be true."

"I didn't believe it either, at first I tried to keep it from you but I know that I can't keep it from you..." You explained and stood up, she stood up and hugged you. You hugged her back as she patted your head. 

"Thanks for telling me the truth, (Y/N). But don't worry, we should ask everyone else other than Laito, maybe he tells a lie." You nodded at her words.

"Yui, Sweet blood?" you both looked at who called us, who appeared to be Kanato. "I would like you both to pick up those roses and follow me. I don't like to be kept waiting."

.

.

.

~Timeskip~

Kanato, Yui, and you were arriving at the graveyard, Yui was holding onto the bouquet of red roses while she was following behind you and Kanato. "What are we doing here?" you asked when Kanato stopped at one grave. 

"Graves are so deeply dark and full of the smell of death. I think they're great, don't you? I love graves. They're so cold and quiet and indifferent to terror. My mother lies here."

"Your mother passed away?" Yui asked him. 

"I killed her." 

You both had shocked faces. "What?!"

"Would you believe that?" He turned around to face both of you. "Although it hardly matters. Right, Teddy? Please place those roses here." He asked. 

"Um, sure." Yui then kneeled down to place the bouquet in front of the tombstone before standing up again. 

"So what do you wanna do?" You questioned. 

"Well, we'll be going now." Yui said before she walked past him, you looked between Yui and Kanato as if you should follow Yui or stay with Kanato.

"You are self-serving." Yui stopped walking after Kanato said. "I especially invited you both here, but you leave the second it displeases you. You have a lot of nerve!"