Chapter 6: The Dead Brides and Sliver Knife

"Are you going to Scarborough Fair? Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme."

"Remember me, to one who lives..." 

You heard someone singing a song from the balcony as you knocked on the door. The voice stopped and you opened the door, which appeared to be Kanato. "Who's there?"

"That was you, Kanato?" You questioned. Kanato turned to you with a creepy smile. 

"Oh, it's you. Sweet Blood." He then turned to look at the night sky. "Isn't a nice night?" 

You walked and stood near him, "Yeah, it was very quiet tonight." You then looked at Kanato and asked with concern. "Why are you sitting there? That's kinda dangerous there."

"I'll be fine." He replied while swaying his legs, making you more terrified. "But... Don't you afraid of falling down?"

"You wear an expression of anxiety mingled with fear." He said, watching you. "It's very cute." You blushed a little at what he said. "I actually hate it when you make that face. It makes me worry why you're so afraid of me."

"I... I'm not right now. Even though I already know you're immortal, it still scares me." You replied. 

"You really don't have a clue... how conceited that makes you. You're so incredibly foolish." You then walked to the railing and set your arms on the railing beside Kanato. "It's so cute, it makes me laugh."

"Is it so wrong to worry?"

"I don't need your worry. But..." He raised his head up and looked down below. "Do you want me to get down from here that badly?"

"Yes, but not jumping down there." You said, pointing to the garden floor. 

He smirked creepily and said to you. "Okay, then give me a kiss." You gasped at what he said earlier. "If you give me a kiss, I will be happy to get down. If you can't do that, then leave me alone and get lost. Okay?" 

You looked down in deep thought. "Should I? After Ayato and Shu kissed me, I thought I wouldn't kiss someone else in this family more than once or two. But Kanato... after he kissed Yui, but he and everyone didn't mind about this, right?"

But before you could think more, Kanato laughed out of nowhere. "Wh... What is it?"

"You took me seriously." He glanced at you, "You really are hopelessly stupid."

"Yeah, living in this house and these people, making me feel like that." You looked at him with a little frown. 

"I'll get down now."

"Really?" you smiled widely, but he then stood at the railing. 

"Yes."

"Ka... Kanato?" 

He turned back from the view. "Well, so long." He opened his arms and fell down the balcony as you watched with wide eyes. You looked down and saw that he had landed hard on the ground. 

You quickly sprinted down and out of the mansion, seeing Kanato lying down. "Kanato, are you all right?! Kanato! Kanato!" 

He then suddenly opened his eyes, "You're annoying!" You kneeled down to him, he was watching you. "Did you believe a tiny fall from the second floor would actually harm me?" He sat up, still holding Teddy in his arms. 

"But it makes me heart attacks! Even if you are a vampire, it's still!"

"I only wish I could die easily."

"Why do you want to die?" You asked with doubt, Kanato stood up as you were still kneeling.

"Maybe, but not right now." You decided to stand up, and Kanato turned to you slowly. "Anyway, there is a place I am fond of. I would like to take you to see it today."