Prologue

I heard a baby crying and shot up. I quickly left my room and went to check on Rohan. I walked to his room and stopped when I looked for him in his crib. I went to pick him up but couldn't.

"What?" I asked as my hands went through him.

I saw him roll over and my eyes went wide as I saw that it wasn't Rohan, but a toddler, maybe three or two. I quickly looked around and saw that I wasn't in the temple but in a small house. The front door opened and I saw a woman walk in. The woman quickly rushed up to the child and picked her up.

"Shhh, it's alright Akari. Mommy is here." She whispered as she held the child to her chest and gently rocked her.

"Akari... wait is that... me?" I asked shocked.

I watched her cradled her daughter against her chest. I couldn't see the woman's face, because she had it covered with a cloak. She soon started to hum a lullaby and I gently closed my eyes and listened to every word.

Sweet dream my love, may the spirits watch over you.

Should the spirits abandon you, know that I will always be beside you.

Know that I'll protect you from everything.

You will never be alone... for I shall follow you home.

Sweet dreams my daughter, may your tears never fall.

And if a tear shall fall, I will catch it before it hits the ground.

But if I can not catch it, I will make sure to hold you tightly.

And let you know how much I love you.

The door opened again and I turned my head to see a man with a cloak. He stopped and leaned against the doorway to listen to her sing the small child to sleep.

Sweet dreams small child, may evil never touch you.

If a evil try's to take you, know I'll always bring you home.

But if yo are ever lost, just remember my song.

Sweet dreams my baby.

Sweet dreams my heart and soul.

Know that I'll always love you.

The child stopped crying and the woman let out a sigh of relief.

"You just make that song up?" The man asked with a chuckle.

"I make all the songs up. So where is the others?" She asked as she gently rocked the child.

"Preparing for our trip." He said as he walked past me.

She handed the child to him and he gently took her in his embrace.

"She is so beautiful... I wonder if she will be a firebender like you." He said softly.

"I don't think she will." She said with a light sigh.

"No matter what she is, she will always be the most important person in our lives." He said before he put her down.

I heard something outside and went to the window to see three men and a woman. The man quickly ran to the window and froze up.

"They found us!" He snapped.

The woman went to pick up the child but he stopped her.

"She will cry as soon as we move her. We have to leave her." The man said calmly.

"But-"

"No buts. Leave her and go to our spot." He ordered.

She nodded her head and bent down and gently kissed her daughter on the head.

"I love you and know that I will find you." She whispered.

She left through the back door and the man let out a sigh. He looked down at his daughter and put a necklace around her.

"They will take you, but know we will be reunited. I love you." He said as he kissed her forehead.

He left through the back and gently shut the door. I turned my head and the last hung I saw was the door being burst down.

"No!" I screamed as I shot up out of bed.

I looked around and saw that I was at the air temple. I let out a sigh of relief and covered my face.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked in a whisper.

"Because I want you to learn the truth."

"What truth? Vaatu you are just confusing me more." I said as I brought my knees up to my chest.

"The truth about your parents and why I chose you."

I let out a groan and laid back on my bed.

"You know you could just tell me." I said angrily.

"Where is the fun in that?"

"So how long am I going to be stuck with you?"

"Until death."

"You know I don't thing Raava is as loud as you."

"She never was much of a talker."

"So... can I go to sleep now?" I asked softly.

He let out a chuckle and I took that as a no. I let out a groan and rolled over and muffled my scream in the pillow.

"I hate you." I said as I raised my head up.

"Feelings mutuel."