Chapter 8 "Kidnap"

After having kept myself hidden in my room for two days. Soon everyone started to worry and after Korra and Asami both tried to get me to open the door, they sent the big gun to try and get me out. I heard a knock on my door and let out a sigh as I leaned against it.

"Hey, it's Bolin... can we talk?" He asked softly.

After thinking it over I stood up and opened the door.

"I didn't expect you to- have you been crying?" He asked shocked.

I looked away and he instantly pulled me into a hug. I let out a sob and instantly latched onto him.

"It's okay... I'm here." He whispered.

After I calmed down we set on my bed and he gently squeezed my hands.

"If this is about Opal, I promise you I have no feelings for her. I only want to be with you." He said softly.

"Just hold me." I whispered.

He nodded his head and pulled me tightly against his chest. I let out a sob and cried into his chest.

"I'm sorry I got jealous." I said as I laid my head on his shoulder.

"You have nothing to be jealous about. I only like Opal as a friend and besides why would I want her when I have my future wife in front of me?" He asked softly.

I smiled as I moved my head from his shoulder and leaned up and pecked his lips.

"Thank you." I whispered against his lips.

I knew I should of told Bolin the truth about why I was actually sad, but I couldn't bring myself to tell that the people I bought where my parents, aren't. I mean I haven't even told Korra, my best friend, yet:

After awhile I fell asleep beside Bolin and laid my head on his chest. In the middle of the night I was woke up by Pabu.

"Huh? What? Oh, Pabu. It's not play time right now. Okay, we are seriously going to have to have a talk-" Bolin stopped talking and I set up.

"What the heck?! They've got Korra. They've got Korra!" Bolin yelled.

My eyes went wide and I shot up and ran out.

"Let her go!" I yelled as I short air at them.

The man deflected the air and Bolin sent a boulder at them. One of the women stopped the boulder with waterbending, and sent a line of water at the us, but I countered it with a air shield. Bolin put up a rock wall and we hid behind it.

"They've got Korra!" I yelled to a guard.

I watched as lights shone onto the criminals and they backed up.

"So much for the element of surprise." The woman growled out.

"Back-up plan." A deep voice said.

The firebender turned and sent a combustion at the guards who were operating the lights. I move out of cover and shoot air at them, as I saw Mako run up to Bolin. I fought against the airbender and he dodged my attacks.

I watched as they tried to run but were surrounded with slabs of metal, bent by Lin.

"We have you surrounded. It's over. Release the Avatar!" A guard ordered.

I walked towards the prison, but stopped when I saw lava begin to flow out from underneath the pile. We all backed up and I move to Bolin's side.

"No way! That guy is lavabending! That's awesome... ly not good for us." Bolin said with a groan.

I watched as the airbender began to airbend a mask of smoke, but was caught by a cable of one of the guards and is pulled off the platform. I quickly moved to help and used my airbending to keep him busy.

"You are impressive." He said as he blocked my attacks.

"I had a good teacher." I growled as I threw him back.

I dodged his glider and shot air at him, but he dodged. I moved to hit him, but let out a gasp as I was thrown back.

"Akari!" Bolin yelled as I roughly hit the ground.

I quickly stood up and saw him looking at me shocked.

"Akari?" He asked shocked.

I quickly shot air at him and he dodged my attack. I backed up and glared at him.

"So you became an airbender as well." He said as he circled me.

"You act like you know me." I growled out.

"So you don't know who I am." He said with a frown.

"All I know is you are trying to kidnap my best friend, and I'm getting her back."

"I will say one thing... you do have brighter eyes then your father." He said with a smirk.

My eyes went wide and I backed away from him. I quickly moved to attack him and he dodged and threw an attack at me. I went to dodge it, but didn't see that the waterbender had slung water at me. I was hit and roughly thrown to the ground.

The back of my head hit the ground and I was knocked out. When I came to I was laying on a couch. I quickly set up and saw Korra on the couch and smiled as Bolin wrapped his arms around me.

"I was so worried!" He exclaimed as he held me tightly.

"I'm fine." I said as I shook my head.

I looked over and watched Aiwei lift Korra's head up.

"This should neutralize the shirshu toxins." Aiwei said as he poured something into Korra's mouth.

Korra set up and I stood up and walked to her side.

"How could you let this happen?! You assured me this was one of the most secure places in the world." Lin snapped.

"It is. I don't know how this happened. Obviously this was a well-planned operation, so don't blame me." Su said with a frown.

"We searched the entire estate. There's no sign of them." The guard from earlier said as she came into the room.

"Well, keep looking!" Lin yelled.

"It would seem they had some inside knowledge of Zaofu. They must've been working with someone." Aiwei said calmly.

"The- the guards. It had to be one of them." Korra said as she held her head.

"I agree." Aiwei said as he nodded his head.

"Question them all! Whoever betrayed my city will suffer the consequences!" Su yelled.