Chapter 12 "Happiness"

It had been three years since we had captured Zaheer and his friends. Jinora had been made a Master and Korra and Asami left to travel the spirit world. I however ended up moving in with Bolin.

"Bo! Where is my shoes?" I asked as I looked for my black heels.

We were getting ready for Korra and Asami's return and my rank up to becoming a master. I had already got my tattoos awhile back, but didn't want the ceremony to happen with out Korra and Asami.

"Here you go, Master Kari." Bolin said as he handed me my shoes.

"Thanks sweetheart." I said as I kissed his cheek.

He sent me a smile and leaned down and kissed me.

"Anything for you." He said as he kissed my knuckles.

I followed my eyes and walked with Bolin to the temple. When we arrived I saw Asami and Korra waiting for us.

"Kari!" Korra exclaimed as she ran up and hugged me.

"I missed you guys." I said as I hugged her and then Asami.

"The gang is back together!" Bolin exclaimed as he hugged all three of us.

"Where is Mako?"

"He is inside." I said softly.

She nodded her head and we all went inside. I made my way to the stage and set on the ground. I kept my hood on and waited for Tenzin to remove it. When he did a bunch of people clapped and cheered, Bolin being the loudest.

"That's my girl!" He yelled happily.

I bowed my head to Tenzin once before hugging him. He let out a light laugh and hugged me back.

"I am so proud of both you and Jinora." He whispered into my ear.

"Well I had an excellent teacher." I whispered as I hugged him tighter.

He nodded his head and it was finally over, and I was allowed to talk to everyone.

"I'm proud of you." Koda said softly.

"I owe you an apology... I know you didn't want to lie and only did it to protect me... and yet I still treated you horribly." I said softly.

"You owe me nothing, and if anything I owe you an apology... you had every right to know the truth." He said softly.

I sent him a smile and hugged him. I saw Harmony walk up to me and smiled as I saw my siblings.

"Kari!" They yelled as they ran up and hugged me.

"I missed you guys so much." I said as I hugged them tightly.

We talked for awhile before I heard someone walking towards us.

"Sorry to intrude, but can I kidnap Kari?" Bolin asked as he walked up to us.

Harmony nodded her head and Bolin pulled me away.

"What's up?" I asked softly.

"Okay, do you remember when I took you around republic city?" He asked softly.

"And I had to kiss your boo boo?" I asked with a smirk.

"Yea... well that day I bought something.... behind your back." He said as he scratched the back of his head.

"Bolin! I told you to not spend all your money! It better not of been that toy monkey." I said sternly.

He let out a laugh and shook his head.

"It wasn't, though I still want that thing.... it was this." He said as he pulled a box out.

He handed it to me and I opened it up to reveal a necklace.

"Bolin.... is this-"

"The betrothal necklace that you told me about, yes it is." He said with a smile.

"How long have you-"

"Since that day.... I always knew that you were the one for me... you can accept it or... we can wait, but know that I love you and there is no one else-"

I quickly cut him off by pulling him into a kiss. He smiled against my lips and pulled me closer.

"I love you." I whispered against his lips.

"I love you too." He said softly.

I pulled away and looked at the necklace. On it was the earth ending symbol and below it was both mine and Bolins names.

"Put it on me?" I asked softly.

He nodded his head and I turned around. He clipped the back and then turned me to look at him.

"You're beautiful." He said softly.

"You're not to bad yourself." I said as I leaned up and kissed him.