Chapter 4 "Ba Sing Se"

I let out a groan as I laid my head on Bolin's shoulder and waited for us to arrive.

"How much longer!" I groaned out.

"Maybe a hour... maybe longer." He said as he wrapped an arm around me.

I snuggled into his side and let out a sigh as I closed my eyes and fell asleep. When I next woke up I saw that I was alone in a house. I set up and looked around.

"Where is Akari?" A voice asked.

I climbed out of bed and walked out of the room.

"They have her." The man from earlier said as a woman set in a chair and clutched a blanket.

"Don't worry, we will get her back." Another woman said softly.

"I want my baby back... I want our daughter back." The woman cried out.

"And we will get her back. I swear." The man said as he hugged her.

She let out a sob and he held her tightly. I felt a tear stream down my face and I quickly whipped it away and looked away from the scene.

"They loved you and he took you away."

"Shut up." I growled out as I turned to see Vaatu.

"You know you hate them for it. So why don't you just... let me destroy the world?"

"Because I don't want to hurt people! And I won't allow you too. You think that because you are so powerful you can do whatever you want but you can't!" I yelled.

"But I can. See I'm already changing you. You are slowly starting to give into your hate." He said happily.

"I will never allow you to win." I said before I woke up.

I let out a sigh and stood up and saw I was alone on the airship. I looked around and soon learned the team had left to look for airbenders, leaving me alone. When they finally returned they told me that the queen had been kidnapping airbenders for her army.

"I had heard she was a monster but kidnapping innocent people... if I could get my hands on that woman-"

"Trust me, Korra is already planning to kill her." Asami said with a laugh.

"Where is Korra?"

"Breaking the airbenders out."

"Oh, well let's go help her." I said as we stirred the airship towards Korra.

When I saw them surrounded I quickly jumped out and airbendered some of the people away from them.

"Sorry to barge in unannounced." I said with a mocking bow.

"I want that airbender!" The queen yelled.

I dodged their attacks and quickly threw them to the ground. I shot a gust of air and knocked the Queen back.

"You know I've never been a fan of people like you." I said as I walked up to her.

"Help me!" The Queen ordered.

I quickly helped them take out the remanding agents and then helped everyone into the airship. We soon landed on a mountain and got everyone off the airship to talk to them.

"I know that none of you chose to become airbenders. But now you do have a choice. We can relocate you somewhere safe, or you can come with me to the Northern Air Temple, to live in peace and train as Air Nomads. You are no longer anyone's property. What path you decide is up to you." Tenzin said softly.

Soon a bunch of airbenders decided to come with us and I smiled as I saw tears well up in Tenzin's eyes. I gently touched his shoulder and he turned and sent me a smile.

Tenzin decided to take them to the northern air temple while we went in search of more airbenders.

"Good luck at the Northern Air Temple. I'll send more airbenders your way when I find them." Korra said softly.

"Be careful out there. Stay safe."

"I'll try. Seems like wherever I go, I make a new enemy." Korra said with a sigh.

"But you made some new friends too. You did well, Korra." Tenzin said as he hugged her.

"This is only the beginning." She said softly.

I hugged Bumi and the Jinora.

"Keep everyone in line." I said with a laugh.

"I'll try." Jinora said with a laugh.

Tenzin walked up to me and Jinora left with Bumi.

"I have something for you." Tenzin said softly.

He pulled a box out and I looked up at him.

"What's this?" I asked as I took it from him.

"Something that Koda found on you." He said softly.

I opened it and my eyes went wide as I saw a necklace, the one I saw in my dreams. I picked it up and gently looked it over. On the back was an engraving and the front was a carving. I traced the carving and saw that it was of a lantern with my name inside of it. I turned it over once more and looked at the engraving closer.

"To my darling daughter, may you brighten up the world." I read aloud.

"I don't know who they are... but I can tell by this.. they loved you greatly." Tenzin said before turning and walking away.

"Tenzin! Thank you... for everything." I said softly.

He nodded his head and I smiled as I watched him walk away. I went back to the airship and looked back at Tenzin. I waved goodbye to them and smiled as they took off.