1/2 | PROLOGUE

CHAPTER ONE HALF;

CHAPTER ONE HALF;

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

PROLOGUE;

Jisung remembers the first time he met Hwang Hyunjin. It was on the first day of high school. He'd been forced to walk that day, his years-old sneakers padding against the sidewalk. There was a rhythm with his steps; each foot keeping in tune with the way the music from his headphones blasted into his ears. He wouldn't have dreaded the treacherous walk to school, if the sun had given him mercy. It seemed to have known that Jiusng's parents needed to go to work early that morning, therefore distributing more heat onto Earth than any other time. It was accompanied by fluffy clouds morphed into indistinguishable shapes, and a wind that took pride in sweeping through the dark brown locks Jisung styled after putting on his school uniform. A uniform might he add that was at least two sizes too big. The white button up was sagging off his torso, his yellow blazer was falling off his shoulders, and his black trousers would occasionally be stepped on by the heel of his shoes. He looked like a child who wanted to dress up in his father's clothes during play time. And it's all because his mother accidentally marked the wrong size when submitting his forms.

He had to stay positive though. Baggy clothes and sweat pooling down his temple shouldn't be what ruins the rest of his day. He's at a new school—the one where people's lives typically change for better or for worse—and he's now given the opportunity to be a bigger and better him. So wiping at his forehead with the back of his hand, while also shrugging his book-bag back into place upon his shoulders, Jisung let a grin stretch its way upon his face. Unfortunately, that smile didn't last for too long. Upon passing the large gates surrounding the building, he threw his hands up and let his jaw go slack. A scoff slipped past his small red lips and got swept up with the cool breeze. His mocha colored eyes trailed to the big brown stain that now covered the shirt he wore.

A cup of coffee had just been thrown on him.

He could hear snickers and murmurs from fellow students. None of them stopped to ask if he was alright; if the drink was hot enough to burn his skin; if he was even deserving of the beverage being tossed onto him so unexpectedly. They all just kept walking, chatting with one another as if he were some entertaining television show. Jisung's cheeks and ears were shading red from embarrassment.

"What the hell, dude!?" He sounded angry, annoyed, and more importantly confused.

"I'm so sorry!"

It was said by the culprit. A taller and much slimmer boy; school uniform fitting him in ways that Jisung could only wish that his did at the moment. He also had dark brown hair, it swept over his forehead as if hiding the fact that he was in desperate need of a haircut. He used his innocent hazelnut eyes to stare shocked at what he'd done. (And not like that it was important to Jisung or anything, but he could see a tiny mole sitting under the lid of the stranger's left eyelid.) It was a cute little feature. Under different circumstances the shorter would have probably described the stranger as mesmerizing—someone who managed to use the unruly sun to their advantage, and make it seem as if they're glowing. But right now, isn't that. Jisung could only narrow his eyes into a glare at the other boy, a newfound disliking for someone who returned the stare with concern.