8 | LONG & BLONDE

CHAPTER EIGHT;

LONG & BLONDE;

LONG & BLONDE;

Jisung remembers how he felt when he held gazes with Hyunjin after four long years. His breathing hitched and his chest tightened, all while his mind swirled with insane thoughts. He was frowning—he knew he was. His eyebrows were creased inward while his red lips were parted from releasing a silent gasp. He could feel his smaller fingers curl into his palm, nails digging into the rough skin mercilessly. And even though all he could hear was static and a constant ringing, he knew no one around him had spoken a word out of shock themselves. Hwang Hyunjin was standing in front of them with what looked to be a look of relief. But why should he be relieved to see his ex lover again?

He wasn't hoping to get back together, right?

Jisung hasn't felt this emotional since he was pregnant with Esme. Back then he was allowed to say that his hormones were changing. He was getting higher doses of estrogen and progesterone, it being reasonable as plenty of other people suffered through mood swings. But now he keeps switching between sad, angry, annoyed, and even happinesses. All because someone he used to love dearly was finally back. There was nowhere to run either. Unlike at the restaurant, Hyunjin could definitely go after him. So Jisung was only able to stay planted, hoping that his face wasn't giving away too much. And he was to also pray that Hyunjin didn't look too far to the left and begin to question who the little girl still in Felix's hold was? That wasn't a conversation he was willing to have in the middle of a grocery store, or with so many of their friends around. Jisung swallowed a lump of thick saliva, running a hand through his hair as he thought about how rational he had to be. He didn't want this accidental reunion to go sour.

"Hyunjin-ah!" Jisung widened his eyes at the voice, craning his neck to see who was the one to shout out. He mentally thanked Jungkook and his naturally sly smirk creeping at the edge of his lips. If not for him the situation could have continued to be awkward. So with an assuage feeling, the blonde watched as the older smoothly made his way over to his cousin and wrapped an arm around his shoulders. "How come this is the way we meet again? Didn't you miss me?"

"How can anyone miss someone as annoying as you?" It was said playfully, yet Jungkook took the opportunity to strangle Hyunjin. He teased him with more unnecessary family banter, and didn't allow the younger male to respond to any of it. It had everyone's attention (even a few people who passed by trying to shop), so Jisung took it as his chance to hopefully signal for Felix to take Esme and leave. But as he turned his head, the Australian and the little girl were already gone. Yeah, the blonde knows that keeping Esme a secret is the wrong thing to do—Hyunjin has all the right to know about everything and anything that may pertain to his child—but Jisung wasn't ready. Looking at the one person who so easily crushed him four years ago, he could barely breathe correctly. Because he wanted to hate Hyunjin, he really did, but he knew he couldn't. Not with how his heart still thumps sporadically and his ears begin to heat. Before Esme is revealed, he needs to solve any underlying issues that are continuously holding him back. "Alright alright, tell auntie I'll visit her later tonight."