3 | DAYCARE WORKER MINHO

CHAPTER THREE;

DAYCARE WORKER MINHO;

Jisung remembers the first time he's been asked out on a date since Hyunjin left him. It was on a Tuesday afternoon, only minutes after dropping Esme off at their local daycare. He'd entered through the front glass double-doors, pulling at the long silver handle to then step foot onto freshly mopped white tiles. The father-daughter duo were immediately met with the screams and laughter of other young children; them all running around as they played with one another. Jisung repressed the grin that twitched upon his face when witnessing a little boy not too older than Esme run up to a woman. She had striking ginger hair and sparkling almond eyes. Jisung has talked to her a few times, coming to know that her name was Lee Chaeryeong and that she only began working at the daycare a month ago. She quickly wiped her hands on the purple apron wrapped around her neck, before catching the child with a breathless grunt. And as Jisung began to make his way over to a curved marble desk, the two adults caught eyes. They shared a brief silent greeting before returning to their previous tasks.

"Ah, Han Jisung. Nice to see you again" The person at the greeting desk was a man. A handsome man at that. Too someone that Jisung has known for about a year now, going by the name of Lee Minho. A smirk etched its way up to his face, feline-like eyes flashing with an unreadable emotion. Jisung returned the smile, reaching out to grab for a pen that was connected to a wooden clipboard by a metal chain. He kept quiet as began to sign his daughter in. "You as well Esme. I must say, your dress is really cute" The little girl blushed at the compliment, going shy as well so she hid behind her father's legs. Jisung's noticed that she's got some kind of crush on Minho.

"I don't have time for chit-chat today Min" Jisung sighs as he pushes the clipboard back into place. He removes a black book-bag from his shoulder, holding it out for Minho to take—to which the elder did to then place it under the desk temporarily. It would later go in a locker that was dedicated to Esme and whatever she brings. "I'm late for work and if I'm not there in ten minutes, my boss will have my head."

Minho moved from behind the counter. There he goes with that smirk again. He stood in front of the small family, arms crossed over his chest. Jisung didn't want to say that he was staring at the elder's arms—but he was. Judging by how the sun seemed to want to be extra hot today, Minho decided on a short-sleeved shirt. A short-sleeved shirt that managed to only accentuate the way he had been working out lately, and how the muscles in his biceps were growing beautifully. Sue him for having an attraction to Minho. The man was gorgeous even on his worst days.

"I'm pretty sure all you'll really have to do is flash them that pretty little smile of yours, and they'll forget all about it" He got closer and Jisung took a step back. He stumbled, almost falling over if the desk wasn't there for stability support. Looking down he could see that Esme still clung to his leg like a koala would a tree. He huffed an embarrassed breath when hearing Minho snicker. He bared through the pain that was in his elbow (something he must have accidentally hit when reaching for the front desk) to stand straight once more, hands then straightening out the black collared shirt that was a part of his job's uniform. "Are you alright?"