7 | NO FRUITY PEBBLES

CHAPTER SEVEN;

NO FRUITY PEBBLES;

NO FRUITY PEBBLES;

Jisung remembers when the Hwang Hyunjin officially rammed his way right back into his life. It was when he was doing his weekly grocery shopping. He had just gotten done with his shift at the local movie theater, Jungkook being the one to pick him up in his years-old car. The black vehicle had been parked in the lot not too far from the front entrance, to which Jisung did a light jog while waving farewell to a coworker who was also leaving. It was when he approached with his hand reaching out to grab the back driver seat handle, the window rolled down. Immediately he was met with the smiling face of Esme. She had been standing up on the seat, bounding just slightly as she giggled out a greeting to her father. Of course Jisung was just as happy to see his precious daughter, but seeing her not strapped within her yellow and blue butterfly car-seat was a little alarming. He waited until he'd officially gotten in the vehicle to say anything.

"Hey guys," He spoke to Jungkook (and Felix, who mentioned that he was going to tag along for the sake of needing certain ingredients for all of the treats he plans on baking), too giving a brief nod before whipping his head to face Esme. She had taken a seat by now, struggling to buckle herself in. The only baffling thing is that she still has yet to be in her car-seat. "Quokka, why aren't you in your chair?

"Uncle Kookie said I could be a big girl" Esme hadn't spared her father a glance (still too busy working on that buckle) while responding. "So I sit here daddy."

The click of her finally succeeding had resonated throughout the car, a triumph smile reaching her features as she also let out an accomplished noise. Jisung hated that he was about to upset her. Reaching down he undid her hard work with a simple press of his thumb. He removed the seat-belt from around her tiny body, staying firm when it came to her obvious pout of confusion.

"You can't sit here Esme, you're too small. Now into your chair" Jisung nudged her to move on her own. She didn't move. "Don't be like this. You can't sit here because it's not safe. I promise when you get older you can" She crossed her arms across her chest and huffed. Jungkook was heard snickering from the front and Felix had to smack him on the arm in order to get him to stop. "Esme, into your chair. Now."

There were rare times that Jisung used his parenting voice. His daughter was often a good child—listened to everything he said, didn't whine or complain, didn't constantly rebel. But sure, there were moments where she felt as though she was being treated unfairly and decided to do something about it. Right now was one of those times. So Jisung would blank his face, and make his tone firm. It wasn't something that was seen everyday, therefore Esme gets the hint and does what she's told. Which is why she frowned with tears in her eyes before climbing her way into her car-seat. The blonde gave a breathy "thank you" before reaching to strap her in. In return Esme stared out the opposite window and pushed away the hand that he tried to caress her arm with.