5 | A COLLISION FOR THE WORST

CHAPTER FIVE;

A COLLISION FOR THE WORST;

Jisung remembers why he chewed at his bottom lip anxiously, the skin becoming so raw that he almost drew blood. He also fumbled with the maroon tablecloth until it was wrinkling where he tugged and twisted. His right leg bounced at a rapid pace, not stopping no matter how hard he tried to remain calm. He was thankful for Minho being oblivious to his anxious state, because if not then he would have to explain why he was so uneasy. Of course it wouldn't have to take many words, just another brief glance towards the front doors of the restaurant and that his ex-boyfriend/the father of his child Hwang Hyunjin was back in town. Jisung tried swallowing the thick lump that was stuck in his throat, not being successful so he reached for his glass that was still half full of wine. That caught Minho's attention and now he was watching as the blonde gulped down what was left. The older one raised an eyebrow before chuckling.

"Slow down Jisung. I promise it's not going anywhere."

The blonde gave a tight smile, humming at Minho's words as he put the cup back down. It was done aggressively, the fear that he broke it being a temporary distraction from what was taking place a few feet away. But then Jisung looked in that direction again—oh gosh, he might vomit. The same hostess that set Minho and him at their table, was now guiding Hyunjin and his date. If he prays hard enough, then they'll be seated at a table a little further away.

Nope.

To Jisung's luck, they were being brought right in his direction. He could see how Hyunjin wrapped an arm around the woman's waist, gently pulling her closer. She smiled at the touch, seemingly melting into his side. The blonde doesn't want to say that his chest tightened at the sight, that his mood dampened when they shared warm grins, because then he'd be admitting to still being trapped by everything that is Hyunjin. And he doesn't want to be. He doesn't want to feel as though his entire life is placed in some box, all because of an ex-boyfriend. Yet here he is—fearful of being seen by that one person. Crazy how he can say that he used to be in love with him at one point. Taking a deep breath, Jisung returned his attention to Minho who he hadn't even realized was talking to him about a hobby that he does whenever he has free time. Or at least he tried to. Unfortunately he was still too worried about where Hyunjin might be seated.

Oh would you look at that, only two tables behind him!

"Minho," He caught the elder's attention. "I'm just gonna..." He was already removing the napkin that he placed on his lap, dropping it on the table. It may have been a slim chance that Hyunin would have actually spotted him (unless he was really trying to be seen), but Jisung needed to get away for a moment. He didn't want to risk that chance of being confronted. Therefore he racked his brain for an excuse to leave. "I'm gonna go use the restroom really quickly."

He got a hummed response in return. A smile and hum, before Jisung was springing up from his seat. It's just in his attempt to escape with as little attention as possible, he managed to seek the eyes of almost everyone. All because he was moving too fast, leading him to accidentally collide with their waitress Jennie. She hadn't expected for him to just scoot out of his chair and jump to his feet all while she was approaching with their tray of food. The tray tumbling to the ground, glass shattering, and gasps from disbelief sounded. Jisung looked between the mess and Jennie, her doing the same to him. Or that was until she was dropping to her knees, already in desperate need to clean what was now trash. She spewed apologies, yet the blonde didn't hear any of them. Minho left his chair as well, asking the both of them if they were alright, and yet Jiusng couldn't exactly comprehend what to say. He just stood there, head craning to face the table where Hyunjin and his date sat.

They made eye contact. Now Jisung really couldn't breathe. Hyunjin was staring at him with eyes as big as saucers, pink lips parted in awe. He even looked as though he was ready to get up and approach, but he was being blocked. A man much taller and wearing all white, came into view—his face morphed into a scowl and squared figure tense.

"Care to explain what happened here Ms. Kim?" Immediately Jennie stood up, wiping her shaky hands on her apron. She bowed her head. It was assumed that the man was her boss.

"A customer and I had a small collision, sir" She said it robotically. "I am willing to pay for their meal and all broken dishes with my next paycheck, sir" She genuinely looked scared when it came to hearing the man's response. Only he hadn't bothered to address her, he instead focused his attention on Jisung and Minho.

"Hello, I'm the second in command here at this establishment. Were you two harmed during this waitress' catering?" The man asked. He never showed any true sympathy, his expression staying completely phlegmatic. Jisung furrowed his eyebrows, shaking his head.

"No, if anything it was my fault. I wasn't watching where I was looking and we bumped into one another" The blonde states. The boss man nodded before returning his attention to Jennie. His expression hardened. He gripped at her bicep, forcing her closer. She squealed at the pull and the duo who watched the interaction grew angry. How dare he treat her like such?

"One more mishap like this and you're fired" The man mumbled. Jennie nods in understanding.

"Wait, no need to say that," Minho says. The man looked at him with a raised brow and disinterest. "Like my friend already said, she wasn't the one in the wrong here. Therefore she's in no need of being under your radar. I hate to be one of those people, but unless you fix the way you treat your coworkers, I'll be filing a complaint."

At the mere mention of a higher power being caught up with the small mishap, fear seemed to have flashed through the eyes of the tall man. He looked towards Jennie and gave wavering apologies; a bow followed after. Jisung smiled at the interaction.

"Also, no need to pay for anything. Minho here has no problem paying for any damages done" He looked at the brunette with fluttering lashes and a cheesy smile. Any protests that may have wanted to be said grew stuck; especially at the anticipating stares he got in return. So nodding along, he began to rummage through his back pocket where his wallet sat. "So, while you guys go discuss that...I'll go wait in the car."

He patiently waited for Minho to hand him the metal keys, cheering silently when they were placed in his palm with soft clanks. It gave him all reasons to leave the restaurant and forget all about the way that Hyunjin still sat not too far away. To forget all about Hyunjin.